Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle spent £80m last year.

£100m would pay the difference between our wage bill and Liverpools for 1 season.

Vulgar as it is £100m is really not a lot of money in the PL anymore.

Far rather we diverted the funds towards a kick ass stadium and youth system than buying ridiculously overpriced players

Total different budgets, about time we bought players for now and not ones for 3/5 years time.

Total different budgets, about time we bought players for now and not ones for 3/5 years time.

£1b, Moshiri's entire fortune, would pay the gap between our wage bill and Chelsea's for all of 5 seasons before it was gone.

However I'm not trying to be too much of a buzzkill. We'll have a competent commercial team which should raise income significantly.

I just hope we spend wisely rather than splurge Sunderland style.

£1b, Moshiri's entire fortune, would pay the gap between our wage bill and Chelsea's for all of 5 seasons before it was gone.

However I'm not trying to be too much of a buzzkill. We'll have a competent commercial team which should raise income significantly.

I just hope we spend wisely rather than splurge Sunderland style.

I'm not being horrible mate, but Moshiri's wealth has always been estimated to be a lot higher than 1 billion. The initial estimate was 1.3 billion by Forbes, who openly acknowledged they had very little information on his assets due to poor intelligence in Russia and had estimated it very cautiously. They later popped it up to 1.9 billion with a similar remark. While we are plucking figures in the dark (often it is with the super rich) a reasonable firm who estimate wealth are saying double 1 billion is cautious in their estimate's for what he has.

Your point still stands though. This is not going to be am Abramovich situation. In all honesty it is unlikely Abramovich would be able to dominate the league in the way he did 12 years ago now. Was the transfer record 30 million then?

Strootman's one hell of a player when he's fit - when he's on form he's one of the best in the world. He just has no luck with injuries.

Maybe Kluitenberg and his folks could fix him up?

If there is 100m to spend I think that will buy us four or five players. A mixture of proven costly experience and young talented players still on an upward curve in their careers.
We have already probably saved the wages of three of these with the departures of Howard,Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar. There will be other bits and pieces of savings as well as we may see another player or two leave. Possibly one or two of McGeady,Oviedo,Kone, Mirallas,Besic and maybe others that we would not think would be sold.

At the moment I don't think we are shopping at Harrods. Not only because the money isn't there but because as yet the players may not want to come. I think we will be shopping for the best players in the lesser leagues as that is where the best of affordable talent still play.

The comment that 100m only buys two Raheem Sterlings or one and a half Lukaku's is a bit frightening.

We probably have an advantage in that Everton will already have a lot of scouting done for this transfer window and RK will have identified targets for Southampton as well , so we may have a wider range of players scouted than usual.

There is very little of value in the Premiership. The premium that you pay probably makes it too expensive. 45m approx. for Stones and 60m for Lukaku is proof of that not to mention players like Sterling. Can we afford to pay maybe 25-30m for a player like Butland... I don't think we can, good as he is.

Newcastle spent £80m last year.

£100m would pay the difference between our wage bill and Liverpools for 1 season.

Vulgar as it is £100m is really not a lot of money in the PL anymore.

Far rather we diverted the funds towards a kick ass stadium and youth system than buying ridiculously overpriced players

Very sobering, especially for a lot of people talking as if we are the new Man City.

Very sobering, especially for a lot of people talking as if we are the new Man City.

Not really. £100m net for us is massive, not sure why people are trying to play it down. As for the Newcastle comparison, they spent that money horribly with a terrible manager spending it. Totally different to us.

Fantasy football post:

In:

GK: Butland £25 million

CB: Van Dijk £30 million

CB: Koubaily £20 million

CM: Witsel £30 million

RM: Mane £30 million

ST: Pelle £10 million

Out:

Stones £45 million
Niasse: £4-6 million

-------------------------Butland

----Coleman----Van Dijk----Koubaily-----Baines

---------McCarthy------------Witsel

Mane ---------- --Barkley ------------Mirallas

--------------------Lukaku

Fantasy football post:

In:

GK: Butland £25 million

CB: Van Dijk £30 million

CB: Koubaily £20 million

CM: Witsel £30 million

RM: Mane £30 million

ST: Pelle £10 million

Out:

Stones £45 million
Niasse: £4-6 million

-------------------------Butland

----Coleman----Van Dijk----Koubaily-----Baines

---------McCarthy------------Witsel

Mane ---------- --Barkley ------------Mirallas

--------------------Lukaku

30 mill for Van Dijk? Fume if we spend that on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back