Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strootman must be the highest profile player we've been linked with in the Premier League era. The injuries are a serious worry at that price but that lad is some player.

Was named captain of the dutch team at the age of 23 which is a good indication of his mentality when you look at the other players in the squad for the World Cup. They completely changed how their team was set-up after his injury.

United were desperate for him a few years back, serious Keano vibe about him. Just can't think of many players that have had 3 cruciate surgeries and gone on to have a long injury free career.

Can't see Strootman costing £30 mil. Not after almost 2 years out and 3 surgeries. Roma paid 17-19 million euros for him. Can't imagine them getting much more than that when Strootman could be one injury away from the end of his career.

I understand that Koeman will have a special relationship and knowledge of Dutch players. I just don't want us to narrow our search that much. I'm really worried that this warchest will be pissed away like Liverpool keep doing. We need to be smart and look for bargains as well as top tier players.

30 mill for Van Dijk? Fume if we spend that on him.

We can't be hypocrites and demand £50 million for Stones then laugh at the thought of paying £30 million for a CB of around the same age who looked the much better player last season. He only just signed a new 6 year deal also so saints won't part for pittance.

Our fans have to realise teams will know we have money to spend and will want a premium, it won't be kenwright getting away with his cap in hand pauper pay on the drip routine this summer.

30 mill for Van Dijk? Fume if we spend that on him.

They would want more than 30 million for Van Dijk. He is a very good defender that I would love to have at Everton. We would actually win some headers with him in the team.

Also not an amazing list but I think getting these players in early would give us a massive shot of getting Europe straight away and then a building block to sign bigger and better players next season

Begovic
Dann
Embolo
Witsel
Youth player promoted to first team to challenge coleman
And maybe someone like Redmond or something on the wings

Plus a striker whoever koeman fancies to challenge rom

We can't be hypocrites and demand £50 million for Stones then laugh at the thought of paying £30 million for a CB of around the same age who looked the much better player last season. He only just signed a new 6 year deal also so saints won't part for pittance.

Our fans have to realise teams will know we have money to spend and will want a premium, it won't be kenwright getting away with his cap in hand pauper pay on the drip routine this summer.

Im not demanding 50mil for Stones just rather spend 30 mill on a more proven player than Van Dijk, who? I don't know haha

But as I touched on earlier in the thread.

Koemans new agent has the following players as clients :

Strootman
De Vrij
Depay
Promes
Cillessen

Are the names that "stand out" and I wouldnt be surprised to see us move for or at the least be linked to all them.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sports-entertainment-group/beraterfirma/berater/586
Strootman and De Vrij yes please
Promes not too sure
Depay, could be a world beater but in desperate need of change in mentality
Cillessen, really should aim higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back