Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson also gives an option to maybe move on a few other players as well, not saying we should, but if Koeman doesnt fancy them or we get a decent offer it allows us some wiggle room.

Im talking the likes of The Clev, Gaz Baz and Jamo Mc.

Move the bold players on if possible, Barry will still be useful if only for a few games.

There is obviously a budget but I don't know where they got £100 million from.

If the players we want are available and willing to join we are likely to spend more than that figure.

Right now it's a domino situation, just takes one to fall and the others will follow.

Out the name slinked the one that would cause the most surprise - and due to that have the most impact of the people we've been linked with (and whom you said their has been genuine contact) - would be Mata

Begovic i believe would sign for us anyway, but both Witsel and Strootman would see a huge spike in their willingess to come here if we signed someone like Mata first

We may find ourselves overpaying for players this window for sure, to beat of other clubs - much as City and Chelsea did in the past when trying to establish themselves

But Christ, Mata, Strootman and Witsel joining along with a more than decent keeper like Begovic would transform this team massively

Wow.

Makes the Gibson contract extension even weirder mind!

For me it means we arent trying to buy anyone home grown and indeed may be shipping some off mate, so a bloke on cheap wages, whose apparently popular with the squad, why not keep him for that, City once signed richard wright as third keeper for the home grown quota lol

GK 13 Timo Hildebrand
RB 23 Miguel
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
22'
CB 4 Raúl Albiol
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
57'
CB 20 Alexis
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
38'
LB 24 Emiliano Moretti
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
66'
DM 5 Carlos Marchena
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
67'
CM 8 Rubén Baraja
RW 19 Javier Arizmendi
AM 21 David Silva
LW 16 Juan Mata
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
45'
FW 7 David Villa
10px-Sub_off.svg.png

Some side that, you have to wonder how he managed to almost get them relegated.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:
Rubén baraja what a brilliant player he was

Gibson is still only 28, with a decent ability and experience level. If he's fit he is good enough for the squad. Yes if he stays fit. With Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar released. It gives the squad continuity, which is important bringing in lots of new players can often cause own problems. I think Gibson is basically to save us spending time finding a Midfield player as cover for the first choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back