Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate McCarthy, but you're comparing the leader of the best Man Utd side I've watched to a man who hides when the going gets tough for a mid table side.

He can become a good defensive midfielder under Koeman, and I'm sure he will still be very useful especially in certain type of games, but he doesn't seem Keane like to me at all.
See this reply is how i know you didn't read my post fully, at all and made a quick snap judgement of it.

I said he could play a similar role to him, in that i meant in breaking up play and stopping things before they happen, much like he did in his first season. Hence why i carried on to say i don't think he could ever be exactly like roy keane, due to lack of ability. He does not have the ability to break forward offensively like keane used to in his earlier days, and he certainly does not take games by the scruff off the neck like keane did.

Looks like wrong time to be asking. But. How would Mata and Barkley fit in the same team? People seem to be thinking Mata on the left but he is one of those players who always looks wasted out wide, and has been on the right rather than left at United (...and has looked wasted). He can't play No. 10 with Barkley as CM as that is an insanely easy midfield to play through. So how do they line up?

tumblr_inline_o51kf7Df8g1t0tp5x_500.gif

Hahaha

This reminds me of the moment Roberto was asked about set piece drills in training.

See this reply is how i know you didn't read my post fully, at all and made a quick snap judgement of it.

I said he could play a similar role to him, in that i meant in breaking up play and stopping things before they happen, much like he did in his first season. Hence why i carried on to say i don't think he could ever be exactly like roy keane, due to lack of ability. He does not have the ability to break forward offensively like keane used to in his earlier days, and he certainly does not take games by the scruff off the neck like keane did.

So hes nothing like Keane then.

Trumpet.

Looks like wrong time to be asking. But. How would Mata and Barkley fit in the same team? People seem to be thinking Mata on the left but he is one of those players who always looks wasted out wide, and has been on the right rather than left at United (...and has looked wasted). He can't play No. 10 with Barkley as CM as that is an insanely easy midfield to play through. So how do they line up?

Mata on the left, Barkley through the middle. Both taking pressure away from the other and ending up 1v1 with a marker.

Gerri/Mirallas on the right and it's pick your poison, who are you focusing on.

League Champions.

Besic
Mata - Barkley
Like that mate.

Honest question, did you ever watch Roy Keane?

Thats Roy Keane, the player that drove United to league titles and European Cups, not some lad that runs around a lot and snaps ankles.

Aaron's having a McCarthy-themed nightmare here, with loads of ginger Roy Keane's running five metres and looking like they are on the verge of a critical asthma attack, while all the while a voice from an unknown source echoes "phenomenal energy" over and over...

Aaron's having a McCarthy-themed nightmare here, with loads of ginger Roy Keane's running five metres and looking like they are on the verge of a critical asthma attack, while all the while a voice from an unknown source echoes "phenomenal energy" over and over...

Hes back tracking all over the place.

Mata on the left, Barkley through the middle. Both taking pressure away from the other and ending up 1v1 with a marker.

Gerri/Mirallas on the right and it's pick your poison, who are you focusing on.

League Champions.

Are you assuming there that we will still line up 4-2-3-1? That is far from a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back