Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do the ITK's think this will hot up then? Surely Koeman will have a strong idea what this team needs, he will know where we are strong and weak and also know what type of players we have he doesn't like.

I'm not ITK, but common sense dictates that it'll most likely be when the Euros are about to come to an end. So, end of June/start of July

I'm not ITK, but common sense dictates that it'll most likely be when the Euros are about to come to an end. So, end of June/start of July

Suppose it all depends on if the players he's after are out their mate really, Begovic, Mata, Strootman are all absent for example, can see a fair bit of early activity during the Euros and then after its over another frenetic period

Suppose it all depends on if the players he's after are out their mate really, Begovic, Mata, Strootman are all absent for example, can see a fair bit of early activity during the Euros and then after its over another frenetic period

True, but these deals will still take a few weeks. I just can't see anything 'major' being done until at least when the players who aren't at the Euros are in for pre-season, which is usually end of June

Hasn't really hit it off at Inter this year - as good as he's been for Croatia
Really? He played 47 times for them last season, scoring 13 goals.

I'd love to sign Perisic but those stats would make me believe he is a cherished first teamer. Don't watch Italian football mind.

Really? He played 47 times for them last season, scoring 13 goals.

I'd love to sign Perisic but those stats would make me believe he is a cherished first teamer. Don't watch Italian football mind.

He's struggled to have the impact many expected of him, despite his goals (then again expectations are ridiculously high on the continent at times). Still a starter, mind, and a darn good player - not saying I'd not want him here - but does tend to blow hot and cold.

Whats Manuel Fernandes doing these days ?

edit: plays for Niasse's old team, guess he never lived up to his potential then.

Perisic did not have a good start at Inter, but as the season progressed, he became better and better. I remeber us being linked with him a month ago and the sum quoted was 20 million, which will be a real bargain for a player of his calibre. The only minus is his attitude, as he is "the perfect" mercenary.

No one of note is getting signed untill well into July mate.

The only thing that gives me any hope is that I went on the Lokomotiv forums when we signed him and they were all gutted and said they genuinely believed he could be one of the best strikers in the PL. He has looked far from it so far.

Is this true though? Did someone (other than Elstone) translate from Russian, or is this the same spin as the "Russian Player of the Year" lie?

My shopping list...

N'Golo Kanté
Fabian Schär
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Julian Brandt
Viktor Kovalenko
Leroy Sane
Mahmoud Dahoud

...if we could even get two or three of these!

Our "for sale" list hopefully includes the following (with my thoughts on how much we could get for them)

• Kone - £1m/nominal, or more if he goes to China
  • McGeady - £1-2m
  • Cleverly - £5-6m to a bottom half premier league club. He just isn't good enough, even as a squad player. His 'best' position is CM, and Barry, McCarthy, Gibson, Besic, even Davies, are all much better... and CM is a big weakness of our team which Koeman will address.
  • Lukaku - had enough of him and his lack of respect. £55m minimum
  • McCarthy - used to really rate him, but he has gone backwards badly. Need to cash in now and get £15m and replace with the likes of Strootman, Witsel, Schneiderlin.

The danger is too many changes, especially with the Moyes stalwarts like Osman, Pienaar and Hibbert all gone, it may be that RK decides to keep some of the above. Thoughts?

Our "for sale" list hopefully includes the following (with my thoughts on how much we could get for them)

• Kone - £1m/nominal, or more if he goes to China
  • McGeady - £1-2m
  • Cleverly - £5-6m to a bottom half premier league club. He just isn't good enough, even as a squad player. His 'best' position is CM, and Barry, McCarthy, Gibson, Besic, even Davies, are all much better... and CM is a big weakness of our team which Koeman will address.
  • Lukaku - had enough of him and his lack of respect. £55m minimum
  • McCarthy - used to really rate him, but he has gone backwards badly. Need to cash in now and get £15m and replace with the likes of Strootman, Witsel, Schneiderlin.

The danger is too many changes, especially with the Moyes stalwarts like Osman, Pienaar and Hibbert all gone, it may be that RK decides to keep some of the above. Thoughts?

Kone & McGeady - genuinely couldn't care less whether we got a fee or not. Awful signings!
Cleverly - I'd rather hold on till Christmas to see if Ron can get something out of him.
Lukaku - He's disrespectful, arrogant and has a very unrealistic opinion of himself but he is a great goal scorer (when he can be bothered) and i'd rather we kept him. I think both us and him could achieve the dream of CL and titles quicker together than apart. Equally if someone stumped up 60+million I'll piggy back him to his new club
McCarthy - I still think there is a player in there worth keeping and investing in.

Ideal signings like Strootman, Witsel, Schneiderlin or Mata are there to replace the gaps left by Ossey, Hibbo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back