Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless i am mistaken the way it works, Cleverley going say for about 6-7m, would not only free up his wages off (guestimate 50k pw so 2.5m pa approx) but would also allow the club to increase it's wages over last seasons amount by a further 6m or so... If i do understand it correctly, basically means any exceptionally cheap squad type player we have who has a good possibility for resale at a decent profit, must be under threat, either that or to allow the room to do the transfers he wants he would have to sell a 'big star' type player

Cleverley (free) Lennon (4m) stand out as two players that you could see us making combined about a 10m or more profit on them, which would give us a lot more maneuverability in transfers/wages

For a similar reason wouldn't utterly shock me if Coleman actually left this summer either
This isn't some mad FM/FIFA style post either, just the reality of the prem rules on FPP almost dictate we need to make a sizeable profit on player trading this summer if we want to not only re-sign certain players on improved deals (Stones, bark;ley, Lukaku) but also want to addd to the squad (and if 100m or more is being spent - then no way we can do that and stay within the FPP rules unless we make a decent player trading profit)

the whole FFP thing am not going to worry about until we get a fine from FIFA for buying the league and the CL ;) hahahaha.

I would think Koeman will want to move some players on, and think there is some clear candidates in the team to get binned - I think the CM will be one of the main spots for improvement in my opinion.

We moved some players who where out of contract, but in my opinion there is still work to be done, especially if we are bringing players in. Coleman leaving wouldn't leave me shocked either to be honest.

Be absolutely buzzing if Cleverley goes. What a summer that'd be, freeing ourselves of the shackles and ghosts of Cleverley, Howard, Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar. Literally anybody we get in to replace those five would be a huge improvement.

Hopefully Gibson signing a contract is just a ploy to keep his value and we can sell him for a few bob too. Milions and millions saved on the wage bill and we can look to sign players to challenge or even push the likes of Jagielka, Mirallas, McCarthy to the bench.

<dreams of Kone and Niasse departing too...>

Be absolutely buzzing if Cleverley goes. What a summer that'd be, freeing ourselves of the shackles and ghosts of Cleverley, Howard, Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar. Literally anybody we get in to replace those five would be a huge improvement.

Hopefully Gibson signing a contract is just a ploy to keep his value and we can sell him for a few bob too. Milions and millions saved on the wage bill and we can look to sign players to challenge or even push the likes of Jagielka, Mirallas, McCarthy to the bench.

<dreams of Kone and Niasse departing too...>

The only way I can rationalise the gibson deal is that its so we get a fee when he leaves. Honestly when that news broke it absolutely baffled me.

1655t4.jpg

Don't think we should be so quick to sell Cleverly myself, he's a good squad player for the CM role, issue is he's not an AML which is where we have seen him play most. I don't think he's done badly at the CM role when played, nor has he ripped up any trees.

Mcgeady, Kone, Lukaku will go I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back