Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me give you guys some bad news about Niasse.

I'm from Turkey and had been watching Niasse for many years now.

Niassed moved to Russia after a couple of succesful years in Turkey (he player for a mid-table team), and let me tell you this, he is not bad player by any means but i highly doubt if he will ever be at premiership level.

After reading about his unbelievable transfer fee to Everton, i was certainly shocked, because that price tag was definitely not a healthy investment for the future.
mark my words if you do decide to sell him in the future, you'll not even receive half of that transfer fee back.
niasse is..
an okay alternative player at best, he'll be the star player in middlesbrough or something, but Everton?
will never be good enough for the starting eleven

Our "for sale" list hopefully includes the following (with my thoughts on how much we could get for them)

• Kone - £1m/nominal, or more if he goes to China
  • McGeady - £1-2m
  • Cleverly - £5-6m to a bottom half premier league club. He just isn't good enough, even as a squad player. His 'best' position is CM, and Barry, McCarthy, Gibson, Besic, even Davies, are all much better... and CM is a big weakness of our team which Koeman will address.
  • Lukaku - had enough of him and his lack of respect. £55m minimum
  • McCarthy - used to really rate him, but he has gone backwards badly. Need to cash in now and get £15m and replace with the likes of Strootman, Witsel, Schneiderlin.

The danger is too many changes, especially with the Moyes stalwarts like Osman, Pienaar and Hibbert all gone, it may be that RK decides to keep some of the above. Thoughts?

Little optimistic to get a fee for McGeady as I think we'll let him go for free and end up playing some of his wages. Would want £60m minimum for Rom though, but the rest I agree with.

Niassed moved to Russia after a couple of succesful years in Turkey (he player for a mid-table team), and let me tell you this, he is not bad player by any means but i highly doubt if he will ever be at premiership level.

After reading about his unbelievable transfer fee to Everton, i was certainly shocked, because that price tag was definitely not a healthy investment for the future.
mark my words if you do decide to sell him in the future, you'll not even receive half of that transfer fee back.
niasse is..
an okay alternative player at best, he'll be the star player in middlesbrough or something, but Everton?

teşekkür ederim

niasse is..

In all fairness mate he looks like he doesn't know what a football even is

niasse is..
Yeah he looks awful, really strange transfer

Can't believe we're still talking about Niasse like anyone here is qualified to say if he's good enough or not from the miserly minutes we've seen so far. I think he's the least of our worries this summer.

Sorry I didn't know there was a qualification needed for seeing things that are happening in real life. I would be interested in studying for this if you could help he out further, I think it may be useful

niasse is..

Get on the phone to Middlesbrough Mosh...10m would do ;)

Our "for sale" list hopefully includes the following (with my thoughts on how much we could get for them)

• Kone - £1m/nominal, or more if he goes to China
  • McGeady - £1-2m
  • Cleverly - £5-6m to a bottom half premier league club. He just isn't good enough, even as a squad player. His 'best' position is CM, and Barry, McCarthy, Gibson, Besic, even Davies, are all much better... and CM is a big weakness of our team which Koeman will address.
  • Lukaku - had enough of him and his lack of respect. £55m minimum
  • McCarthy - used to really rate him, but he has gone backwards badly. Need to cash in now and get £15m and replace with the likes of Strootman, Witsel, Schneiderlin.

The danger is too many changes, especially with the Moyes stalwarts like Osman, Pienaar and Hibbert all gone, it may be that RK decides to keep some of the above. Thoughts?
Kone will go
Mcgeady will go
Cleverley I think will stay, as a squad player then probably sod off in the January window
Lukaku get rid, ive said enough on this guy and my mind wont change
McCarthy I believe there is a very good player in there somewhere when managed properly and is allowed to play at a high tempo

I would go for
Yarmelemko
Butland
Schneiderlin
and someone to replace Lukaku
Mixed with the youngsters Dowell and Davies

I have a feeling Cleverly will go, have a feeling RK will want some CM's moving forward, think we are just overly stocked, and judging by the way he has set his teams up, Cleverly won't be slotting in on the left wing any time soon.

I think Koeman will look to bring in a successor to Barry, phase Barry out. Potentially move on McCarthy which i am totally fine with unless he ups his game again.

Kone, has to be gone, McGeady ill give to anyone offering fresh air. Gibson i am still in shock about, can't quite get my head around that one.

Totally Footy manager like, but imagine going into a season playing 4-3-3 and starting with Strootman, Barkley and Wistel in midfield.

I think Koeman probably already has an idea of who he wants to move on/phase out - my guess the dinner he had with Unsy and Dunc would have probably helped him gather opinion on the squad.

I have a feeling Cleverly will go, have a feeling RK will want some CM's moving forward, think we are just overly stocked, and judging by the way he has set his teams up, Cleverly won't be slotting in on the left wing any time soon.

I think Koeman will look to bring in a successor to Barry, phase Barry out. Potentially move on McCarthy which i am totally fine with unless he ups his game again.

Kone, has to be gone, McGeady ill give to anyone offering fresh air. Gibson i am still in shock about, can't quite get my head around that one.

Totally Footy manager like, but imagine going into a season playing 4-3-3 and starting with Strootman, Barkley and Wistel in midfield.

I think Koeman probably already has an idea of who he wants to move on/phase out - my guess the dinner he had with Unsy and Dunc would have probably helped him gather opinion on the squad.

Unless i am mistaken the way it works, Cleverley going say for about 6-7m, would not only free up his wages off (guestimate 50k pw so 2.5m pa approx) but would also allow the club to increase it's wages over last seasons amount by a further 6m or so... If i do understand it correctly, basically means any exceptionally cheap squad type player we have who has a good possibility for resale at a decent profit, must be under threat, either that or to allow the room to do the transfers he wants he would have to sell a 'big star' type player

Cleverley (free) Lennon (4m) stand out as two players that you could see us making combined about a 10m or more profit on them, which would give us a lot more maneuverability in transfers/wages

For a similar reason wouldn't utterly shock me if Coleman actually left this summer either
This isn't some mad FM/FIFA style post either, just the reality of the prem rules on FPP almost dictate we need to make a sizeable profit on player trading this summer if we want to not only re-sign certain players on improved deals (Stones, bark;ley, Lukaku) but also want to addd to the squad (and if 100m or more is being spent - then no way we can do that and stay within the FPP rules unless we make a decent player trading profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back