Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performance showed that he is not a CM. Whenever he played CM we lost the midfield battle. I know it won't help when you have McCarthy playing alongside but still...

If you're playing alongside McCarthy you have to be the creative of the pair though. Cleverly isn't that, not in that position at least. I'm not saying he's great at CM, but as a squad player, not to be played with McCarthy, I don't think he's a bad option.

Am I honest to god reading some people saying they wouldn't want Mata?! :Blink:
It's the suggested fee of £35m that makes me stop and think "Actually, no thanks."

Many of those saying they want him are, in this very thread, suggesting he would play as a left wing or wide left attacking middie for us - a position he simply cannot fill due to his lack of pace. He's a 10, and a very good one. But ONLY a 10. So if he comes, especially at a big price, then he has to start at 10 and thus means we have to play a 4231 and Ross has to play in a different position.

It's not a simple case of "Yes I want Mata because he's a good player." or "No I don't rate him."

Obviously for 35m we'd get much better value by shopping overseas. 35m would buy Marco Reus, ffs, who is younger and every bit as good (if not better) than Mata. Now I am not saying Reus is that realistic, but he has made a point of saying he'll never join Bayern, is watching all his team mates leave Dortmund and hasn't had any interest from other English teams. With the right package, perhaps he isn't such an outrageous shout afterall..

Obviously for 35m we'd get much better value by shopping overseas. 35m would buy Marco Reus, ffs, who is younger and every bit as good (if not better) than Mata. Now I am not saying Reus is that realistic, but he has made a point of saying he'll never join Bayern, is watching all his team mates leave Dortmund and hasn't had any interest from other English teams. With the right package, perhaps he isn't such an outrageous shout afterall..
100% this.

No mate, dont be silly.

Has anyone heard much about Eduardo Vargas? Seems a couple of news outlets are reporting he is close to a 3 year deal?

He was at QPR 14/15 season. It's a no from me he's gash of the highest calibre. Where has it been reported? Can't see it anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back