Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman dropped Pelle for a while towards the end of last season. He can't rate him that highly anymore. Just paper talk that one I'd bet.

......I've not been a Pelle fan but he plays for an international coach who has a team that blends which means he is totally effective in that set up. It really is important the manager has a team model and brings in the players that fit, not necessarily the ones us lot want.

Until they're outside FF with the shirt held high I won't be believing anything is done.

We can't even trust the OS these days after all the screw-ups there have been.

This could be absolutely massive. I've been hoping we'll sign somebody to push McCarthy out of the starting XI and Witsel may just be that man. McCarthy has had far too easy a ride for 18 months and it's time his free pass to start every game was taken away from him. If we can swipe Witsel, hopefully James will pull his finger out and start performing better when he has the chance. That said, if Koeman wanted to sell him and keep Barry and Besic, I also wouldn't be too disappointed with that. We could get 15m for McCarthy, and it appears that's what Witsel will cost... no brainer.

Mata, could be one of our biggest signings ever. In his prime, brilliant for Chelsea and no idea why Mourinho doesn't rate him. Let's not forget that's the same manager who got rid of Lukaku and De Bruyne for a combined 45m, only to see their values sky rocket due to brilliant form since leaving Chelsea. You wouldn't be able to buy the pair for less than around 120m now.

If we can get those two, and have midfield options of Deulofeu, Mirallas, Lennon, Mirallas, Barkley, Witsel, McCarthy, Besic, Barry... that's absolutely superb. Hopefully the manager feels he can get a fee for Gibson - maybe one of the promoted clubs or a Championship club might get desperate towards the end of the window and throw a million or two at him? Same with McGeady, surely his time is up. Also wouldn't be sad to see Lennon go, even though he did have a great little run for around 10 games last season. That said, I am sure he'll prove to be a great option form the bench. I was really impressed with his attitude last season, so as far as I am concerned it's also cool if he stays.

We really need a second striker though. Surely Niasse and Kone will be sold? McAleny clearly is nowhere near good enough and that only leaves Lukaku... enough said. We need more quality up there; if Lukaku had got a serious injury between end of summer transfer window and us signing Niasse in January, I reckon we'd have got relegated.

Plus clearly a top goalkeeper is required.

Witsel / Mata / Goalkeeper - we need those positions/players for our starting XI. Then remove dead wood and the players above who clearly won't be involved, get more quality in the squad and we'll really be going places.

Would be brilliant. In a summer where all you hear is "Some of these fees are outrageous", "That's a rip off" etc... little old Everton potentially pull off absolute bargains for Champions League standard players.

I'm sure this is said light heartedly but think we need to stop this self deprecating language. When the targets start coming in, when the stadium is built and when the trophies return to our criminally underused cabinet no-one will refer to us as small or little again. Especially not the RS.

I think we need to start acting like the club we're going to be. FREEEDOM or something as well.

*gingerly steps off soap box*

Would take Subotic for the figures he's getting linked around as available for - 5m quid, had a bad 2 years with injury, but still only 27 and at his best a brillaint centre back, 5m and not too massive wages then if he stays fit would provide real depth at centre back for us.

and his stock has fallen enough that he is defintiely a player we could get.

Stones does leave then a combination of Subotic and say Van Djike and/or Blind arriving would leave us arguably a fair bit stronger at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back