Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take Subotic for the figures he's getting linked around as available for - 5m quid, had a bad 2 years with injury, but still only 27 and at his best a brillaint centre back, 5m and not too massive wages then if he stays fit would provide real depth at centre back for us.

and his stock has fallen enough that he is defintiely a player we could get.

Stones does leave then a combination of Subotic and say Van Djike and/or Blind arriving would leave us arguably a fair bit stronger at the back

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: he is available for that little?

Jesus, for that price he is well worth the gamble, great player.

Would take Subotic for the figures he's getting linked around as available for - 5m quid, had a bad 2 years with injury, but still only 27 and at his best a brillaint centre back, 5m and not too massive wages then if he stays fit would provide real depth at centre back for us.

Stones does leave then a combination of Subotic and say Van Djike and/or Blind arriving would leave us arguably a fair bit stronger at the back
What I've watched of german footy over the years, which isn't much admittedly, i thought subotic was the better defender than hummels for dortmund.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: he is available for that little?

Jesus, for that price he is well worth the gamble, great player.

Aye thought he looked one of the best in the world a couple of years back, but had loads of injury problems (done his cruciate then a variety of one sicne then - back then broke his arm etc) so basically lost his place under Tuchel at Dortmund

2 years left on his contract but every report i've seen reckons Dortmund want 10-12m euros but would settle for a lot less around 7m or so, a bit like Strootman he'd be a gamble, but at the right price could end up with a player as good as anythign for a real bargain fee (and one who right now we'd struggle to attract the calibre off if it wasnt for the doubts etc)

Aye thought he looked one of the best in the world a couple of years back, but had loads of injury problems (done his cruciate then a variety of one sicne then - back then broke his arm etc) so basically lost his place under Tuchel at Dortmund

2 years left on his contract but every report i've seen reckons Dortmund want 10-12m euros but would settle for a lot less around 7m or so, a bit like Strootman he'd be a gamble, but at the right price could end up with a player as good as anythign for a real bargain fee (and one who right now we'd struggle to attract the calibre off if it wasnt for the doubts etc)

Bloody hell, I know he has had a few injuries like but thats really a no brainer for the cost. I would have thought with Hummels going they would have kept him.

Its like abandon ship at dortmund these last 3 or 4 transfer windows!!!

What I've watched of german footy over the years, which isn't much admittedly, i thought subotic was the better defender than hummels for dortmund.

Same mate, not gonna say i have seen him millions of time, but seen enough of him for Dortmund in Europe and for the serbs whan i was doing my Tadic scouting a few years back to see he was a cracking centre back

Predictably the rs have ben linked a whilst back and Arsenal linked today - from the bloke that broke their Xhaka (spelling) signing before anyone else so may have legs their

Bloody hell, I know he has had a few injuries like but thats really a no brainer for the cost. I would have thought with Hummels going they would have kept him.

Its like abandon ship at dortmund these last 3 or 4 transfer windows!!!

They have Sokratis, Ginter and Bender still at centre back though mate and have just signed Bartra from Barca - so even with Hummels leaving have 5 good level ones including Subotic so looks like he is out the door

Would deffo take Blind. Wasn't everybody (journalists, pundits, etc) creaming themselves over his calm ability to defend and play from the back last season? He ain't the biggest, but he seems to be able to play well at centre back, no doubt in front of the back four too. That said, on the back of the Martinez era and the damage he's done, I'd much rather have a hard knock who'll simply head it away and get the ball out of harms way.

We were linked to subotic many moons ago....havent followed his injuries but if 2 years of hell then id leave it. We need consistent players ar CB. Blind also no good there i heard and read apart from lukaku game...vvd will be too expensive for his talent.

Would deffo take Blind. Wasn't everybody (journalists, pundits, etc) creaming themselves over his calm ability to defend and play from the back last season? He ain't the biggest, but he seems to be able to play well at centre back, no doubt in front of the back four too. That said, on the back of the Martinez era and the damage he's done, I'd much rather have a hard knock who'll simply head it away and get the ball out of harms way.

Was talking about Blind on here, he seems to be good at a lot of things, but master of non. I probably did him wrong by saying "like Phil Neville", i wasn't comparing skill lollollollol more the fact he can play all over the shop but not necessarily brilliant at one.

Could be useful though

2013-14 10 games
2014-15 26 games
2015-16 6 games

If fit, worth the gamble. Wonder how much of last season was down to other options in the squad and not being dropped - how long was he injured last season?

Exact same with Strootman - if they are fit they would improve the team without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back