Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that he is better than both myself, but then again if a player is in and out with injury then a player a little bit inferior will end up becoming the much more reliable choice over time, which looks like this has happened.

Either way though for a realtively small fee (and probably decent wages mind)
he'd be a good addition for us

Few years ago I'd agree but think they're a step up personally to him. Embarrassment of defensive riches currently at Dortmund though even after selling the quite overrate Hummels.

I think a loan to buy for both would be a fantastic move. Let's see if they can overcome their injuries, if so, two absolutely class players.
Problem with Strootman on a loan to buy is the actual fee it would take.

For example, Falcao. He was on loan to buy deals past 2 years. Chances are the fee to buy at the end of it would have been massive because of his quality. So therefore a team like united getting the best out of him means monaco then sell them at a price which reflects that. Strootman on a loan to buy for around 30 (which i'd imagine it would be) would be silly business, if he becomes the player of old then roma get him back at that level, anything lower and we wouldn't be worth the price.

He's good but really don't think he's quite as good as people make out. I'm not alone with that opinion.

Agree to an extent.

A very good player but tends to have a few howlers in him.

Then again, everybody makes mistakes. Think he'll improve alongside Boateng at Bayern, they're always class together for Germany.

Makes me laugh how the red echo running stories, about their fans being worried with their transfer activity. And how they can't compete with city & Utd. And how Everton have a £100mil

Don't remember much concern form the echo, over the last 20yrs for us. When we haven't had a pot to piss in

I left my hotel in Ibiza approx 4pm yesterday for my 6pm flight with no battery. It was delayed until 1.30am. One of the longest days ever

Would anyone mind giving me a realistic update since yesterday afternoon? Any updates from ITKs? Any movement on Mata or Witsel?

I left my hotel in Ibiza approx 4pm yesterday for my 6pm flight with no battery. It was delayed until 1.30am. One of the longest days ever

Would anyone mind giving me a realistic update since yesterday afternoon? Any updates from ITKs? Any movement on Mata or Witsel?
3 in within 10 days

Makes me laugh how the red echo running stories, about their fans being worried with their transfer activity. And how they can't compete with city & Utd. And how Everton have a £100mil

Don't remember much concern form the echo, over the last 20yrs for us. When we haven't had a pot to piss in

Never a truer word spoken, despise the Echo and will never buy it again, just a red rag. Must be awful for the red " side " not being able to compete, only spent £34m on one player the other day, plus the other 2 or 3 signings they already have. Always been in Kenwrights pocket.

Reposted from Juan Mata thread soz

Part of being an EFC fan I suppose, but I can't help being over-optimistic and stupid, thinking we're going to boss everything and win the treble LOL. The other part of being a blue is mood swings, and at the same time we're still being linked to the same people that West Ham, Stoke are going for, as well as ex-top 4 or ex-Championship players. So what is really changing? We can't expect Man City, Chelsea, type signings, so I think my realistic expectation is:

- 1 X Star / Marquee who is an AM or LW
- 1 X First Choice GK
- 2 X quality replacements for the likes of Ossie, Pienaar and the others leaving. 1 X CM, 1 X Back up striker
- Let go of / Sell Robles, Cleverley & Kone
- Promote Garbutt, Galloway, Browning, Davies, Dowell to First Team Squad.

Queue the abuse / criticism

Good signing, especially for that price....

Barca put in any of their jarg buy back clauses in there?
Not sure. he didn't plsy enough games last season which knocked his price down. Same thing happened when Thiago Alcantara went to Bayern.
It's as if they don't care about money. More understandable with Thiago as Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets were in their pomp when he was coming through. However Bartra looked pretty good when he played yet Vermaelen and Mathiu were getting game time ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back