Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talking about Blind on here, he seems to be good at a lot of things, but master of non. I probably did him wrong by saying "like Phil Neville", i wasn't comparing skill lollollollol more the fact he can play all over the shop but not necessarily brilliant at one.

Could be useful though
Jags used to be described like that :lol: Tbf, I think he needs to be moved out of the starting XI this year. Can still do a job from the bench mind you.

If fit, worth the gamble. Wonder how much of last season was down to other options in the squad and not being dropped - how long was he injured last season?

Exact same with Strootman - if they are fit they would improve the team without question.

Tuchel doesn't fancy him regardless of his injuries. It's quite widely reported he's like 4th choice there.

Yeah that was my point, he might have had injuries but was he out the team due to selection

Plus if a player knows he is out of favour, injuries tend to be stretched out in recovery times - makes the media questions easier to deal with i suppose, and whats the rush when they arent gonna be playing anyway...

Either way for 5m and 60-70k pw or something, think it'd be worth the risk, same for Strootman at higher fee and wages ofc

Loads will say they aren't worth the risk, but i remember when the exact same things where said about Reid and Gray when they arrived, and they provided the catalyst to the best side i have ever seen in this league, wihtout those two i doubt we'd have achieved even half of what we did

Sometimes a gamble on a player of top level whose had bad luck with injuries can make all the difference as we all should know.

Remember Payets' injury record being used on here as well as a reason we shouldn't go after him, bet ya West Ham are very glad they decided to

Plus if a player knows he is out of favour, injuries tend to be stretched out in recovery times - makes the media questions easier to deal with i suppose, and whats the rush when they arent gonna be playing anyway...

Either way for 5m and 60-70k pw or something, think it'd be worth the risk, same for Strootman at higher fee and wages ofc

Loads will say they aren't worth the risk, but i remember when the exact same things where said about Reid and Gray when they arrived, and they provided the catalyst to the best side i have ever seen in this league, wihtout those two i doubt we'd have achieved even half of what we did

Sometimes a gamble on a player of top level whose had bad luck with injuries can make all the difference as we all should know.

Remember Payets' injury record being used on here as well as a reason we shouldn't go after him, bet ya West Ham are very glad they decided to

For strootman ok as its a position that doesnt rely on a partnership and consistency like CB.

Subotic is class though....wonder why tuchel doesnt play him and hes so cheap + why klopp isnt in for him.

Played 11 games in total last seaosn for Dortmund, they won 10 of them and drew the other a EL game, conceded a total of 4 goals in those games, so doesn't look from that like he has become a bad player all of a sudden either

Nah i can't see that happening, I haven't seen much of him for probably well over a season like, but he is a class act.

Think there will be a long list of clubs wanting to take the chance on him if he is getting kicked out.

For strootman ok as its a position that doesnt rely on a partnership and consistency like CB.

Subotic is class though....wonder why tuchel doesnt play him and hes so cheap + why klopp isnt in for him.

Could be loads of reasons mate, but their is a hell of a lot worse ways to spend a small amount of money than by taking a risk on a 27yo.

Noticable that Klopp has not gone after one signgle Dortmund player mate, maybe some agreement was made and for once he is sticking to it

Could be loads of reasons mate, but their is a hell of a lot worse ways to spend a small amount of money than by taking a risk on a 27yo.

Noticable that Klopp has not gone after one signgle Dortmund player mate, maybe some agreement was made and for once he is sticking to it

Because Bender and Sokratis are better.

Think that he is better than both myself, but then again if a player is in and out with injury then a player a little bit inferior will end up becoming the much more reliable choice over time, which looks like this has happened.

Either way though for a realtively small fee (and probably decent wages mind) he'd be a good addition for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back