Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC reporting that Ahmed Musa, CSKA player has turned down us, West Ham and Southampton to sign for Leicester. Haven't seen him linked with us before now, poor journalism no doubt.

rather we paid what itd cost for VVD now mate really, shown he can do it in the league - and do very well and knows Koemans system etc, only young and would make losing stones a hell of a lot more palatable really

It will sting how much we will have to pay for him if we want him, considering we could have had him for a mere 12 Million last season

Still, Southampton were brave and took the risk, and we didn't. They ultimately deserve to cash in and cash in big for showing the faith in him that we refused to do so (Despite being plenty of evidence that we should have rolled the dice and the way respected figures in the game were touting his abilities)

rather we paid what itd cost for VVD now mate really, shown he can do it in the league - and do very well and knows Koemans system etc, only young and would make losing stones a hell of a lot more palatable really

Mori still being a work in progres and jagielka getting older, really think we need to go for someone very reliable back there - wouldnt mind getting blind in as well to cover all across the back

Personally think Mori and VVD as a CB pairing would be absolutely immense. Very well balanced, fantastic in the air, both can play.

We'd have to give Southampton pretty much everything from the Stones sale. Stones will be the better player long term but in terms of slotting in straight away I think it would be worth it to really splurge on Virgil.

Jags used to be described like that lol Tbf, I think he needs to be moved out of the starting XI this year. Can still do a job from the bench mind you.

Jagielka will react well to being dropped if poor, think it will be good him pushing starters too.

Can't wait until we have a squad with no certain starters.

For me we need

GK - Timo Horn, Bernd Leno look the best of the bunch.

A utility player, versatile player who preferably can play RB, LB.

CM - To win the ball and offer momentum in attacks.

LW - Mata perhaps, although we would have more flexibility to go and get another different type of winger.

Back-up striker, different option. Think we need some pace. Would love a poacher for when teams sit back.

It'll be Begovic, and I'd be very happy with that.

Oh indeed, I've not yet fully adjusted to the fact we've got money. I think I'm getting ahead of myself, but if I'm honest anyone that comes in will be a big improvement on what we've had. If it's Begovic, we'd have him for a few years and then maybe we could get the Leno and Horns of this world. Probably not an ideal destination for a few players right now with no European togger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back