Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez is actually a good example of what i mean. Or a kolou type player, just fast and direct who is completely different than having a big lump up front instead. Gives us options.

Improve rom's first touch and why can't he be both? hold the play with an outlet and flip of a switch turn him round and feed him through on goal?
Been waiting 4 years for him to improve his touch

Think we'll go for a target man. Pelle could be a decent option if the price is right. Although his age would make him quite a short term solution.
I think the only way we can sign said target man is by letting both kone and niasse go. We need three strikers in Koemans tactics, and lukaku being the first choice and a target man being the one the ball bounces off, i can't see either kone or naisse fitting into that system.

Certainly i can't see any future for kone in this team anymore.

Improve rom's first touch and why can't he be both? hold the play with an outlet and flip of a switch turn him round and feed him through on goal?
It's just not one of his strengths at the moment. In 5 years time he could be great with his back to goal. I imagine Koeman would want to have that option straight away.

Hernandez is actually a good example of what i mean. Or a kolou type player, just fast and direct who is completely different than having a big lump up front instead. Gives us options.

Really like Hernandez. Team player, works his socks off, great attitude. Sounds just like Naismith !

Lads I've just been sacked in work. Apparently they found out that 9 hours out of 11 I'm in this thread. My boss laughed at me saying I was sad but I reckon I'll be the one laughing loudest when Esk posts some more info and we all know what's going on and he doesn't as I can spend all day in here now. Hahahaha, take that Steve you [Poor language removed]!

I'm sorry mate. At least you have your modelling to fall back on

I think the only way we can sign said target man is by letting both kone and niasse go. We need three strikers in Koemans tactics, and lukaku being the first choice and a target man being the one the ball bounces off, i can't see either kone or naisse fitting into that system.

Certainly i can't see any future for kone in this team anymore.
I agree about Kone and Niasse. I don't think it'll be that easy to get rid of them though.

I think we should go for two different types of striker, one who is good in the air and a target man, the other a nippy lad who can finish. We could do a lot worse than Pelle, and it's a shame we didn't nab Defoe.

I agree about Kone and Niasse. I don't think it'll be that easy to get rid of them though.
Niasse not so much but Kone would be snapped up if made available. A striker capable of scoring 10 plus goals a season, cheap and experienced. His level was at wigan so either a lower prem team or a lower spanish team could well take the punt on him if he only cost a couple of million.

If Witsel falls through, I wouldn't mind young Loftus-Cheek from that Chelsea
not exactly the same though is it mate? Think the witsel deal is about signing a top experienced midfielder under 30 and can walk in to improve us. Signing younger players with less experience is fine for squad building but hardly going to help us progress in the short term?

We need that senior head in the middle that isn't 36, someone who knows what they are doing and can just get on with it, and let koeman focus on managing players like beisc / barkely/ del who need a bit more guidance on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back