Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witsel 27
Mata 28
Pelle 30

Total cost £55-60m
If we did that and somehow offloaded Niasse, McCarthy and Cleverley for £25m+ then that would be great business. I can imagine we will be getting rid of a few midfielders given we are being linked with so many and Niasse will surely go for as much as we can get back.

Can't wait to see what defenders we go for.

Also if we were to get those three in then it would be easier to attract other quality players as they would see we are going places with a good squad coming together.

Lads I've just been sacked in work. Apparently they found out that 9 hours out of 11 I'm in this thread. My boss laughed at me saying I was sad but I reckon I'll be the one laughing loudest when Esk posts some more info and we all know what's going on and he doesn't as I can spend all day in here now. Hahahaha, take that Steve you [Poor language removed]!

Get a job with the thread sponsor

If we did that and somehow offloaded Niasse, McCarthy and Cleverley for £25m+ then that would be great business. I can imagine we will be getting rid of a few midfielders given we are being linked with so many and Niasse will surely go for as much as we can get back.

Can't wait to see what defenders we go for.

Also if we were to get those three in then it would be easier to attract other quality players as they would see we are going places with a good squad coming together.
I'd be very surprised if we let McCarthy go.

If we get Witsel then I can see one of McCarthy or Besic going and seeing as Besic just signed a new long term deal then McCarthy will be easier to shift.

Can see us doing quite a bit of wheeling and dealing out to make room for the stars coming in.

If we get Witsel then I can see one of McCarthy or Besic going and seeing as Besic just signed a new long term deal then McCarthy will be easier to shift.

Can see us doing quite a bit of wheeling and dealing out to make room for the stars coming in.
Think Gibson, Barry and Cleverly should be moved on before McCarthy though. He may be limited but he's a good age and is a better option than the rest long term.

Why mate?

Say we do bring in Witsel and Mata, the likelihood is that Barkley may play deeper this season meaning we are already 2 greater in numbers in the centre, and theirs a decent chance that one other will be brought into the middle as well (be it Schneiderlin, Strootman or whoever else pops up)

Throw in Besic and Davies who both need more game time really, and exactly where would McCarthy or indeed Cleverley fit in anymore?

Why mate?

Say we do bring in Witsel and Mata, the likelihood is that Barkley may play deeper this season meaning we are already 2 greater in numbers in the centre, and theirs a decent chance that one other will be brought into the middle as well (be it Schneiderlin, Strootman or whoever else pops up)

Throw in Besic and Davies who both need more game time really, and exactly where would McCarthy or indeed Cleverley fit in anymore?

are we all in agreement that Mata will most likely play CAM?

Hernandez is actually a good example of what i mean. Or a kolou type player, just fast and direct who is completely different than having a big lump up front instead. Gives us options.

Improve rom's first touch and why can't he be both? hold the play with an outlet and flip of a switch turn him round and feed him through on goal?

The conventional thinking is we need height and physicality for Koemans system, that said he does like a whippit of a centre forward as an option he had Long at Southampton. Hernandez would be excellent. I think someone who plays shall we say the "Vardy" way offer a different dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back