Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your idea mate, pinched it. Thanks.

On transfers - in the past, whenever we spent decent money - age/resale value was always the key factor.

Now - I think Koeman will be going for established players already in the prime. 27-30. He only expects to be here for a couple of seasons, he wants to impress before moving elsewhere - he's not building long term.

I suspect any youth in his team will be those already in the team.

All teams need established experienced players in the squad, the ones we have a the moment just aren't good enough. To get success he needs the right players, success then breeds success. If you are a young player breaking into a team which is content to be mid-table then you will be at that level. If we are challenging at the top we will attract players and develop youth capable of that level.
I know we like a wee moan but to moan about the manager only being interested in short term success before he buys his players or kicks a ball is surely premature. Besides after Martinez any success would be a good thing.

I know he's a red nose as a child but how is it we've not been linked with Ashley Williams??

Fantastic defender especially last year he was formidable and he's having a cracking Euro's to boot, he's been with Swansea for eight years surely a big money move could bring him to Goodison?

because hes nearly 32, swanseas captain and theyd want big money for him mate

If Witsel comes in. I would think a defensive player like a kante from Leicester who breaks up play would be needed in midfield.
McCarthy can do this job and Koeman may help him become a better player. He runs he heart out when on form and first season he came was amazing last ditch tackles etc.
Besic would also be possible for this job. So I wouldn't be pushed for a schneiderlin or cavalho to be signed.
Witsel seems a box to box player therefore I hope Koeman adopts a single cdm instead of the Martinez 2 in front of back four. Especially when playing at home. We need to be on the front foot controlling the match make goodison a fortress. Getting 12-15 home wins would give us a platform for a top 4 finish as 5/6 wins away would give us over 60pts

If Witsel comes in. I would think a defensive player like a kante from Leicester who breaks up play would be needed in midfield.
McCarthy can do this job and Koeman may help him become a better player. He runs he heart out when on form and first season he came was amazing last ditch tackles etc.
Besic would also be possible for this job. So I wouldn't be pushed for a schneiderlin or cavalho to be signed.
Witsel seems a box to box player therefore I hope Koeman adopts a single cdm instead of the Martinez 2 in front of back four. Especially when playing at home. We need to be on the front foot controlling the match make goodison a fortress. Getting 12-15 home wins would give us a platform for a top 4 finish as 5/6 wins away would give us over 60pts

The fact you're citing last ditch tackles as a positive shows how pointless McCarthy is.

I reckon he'll play on the left.
if he come and plays left i'll be quite gutted really. my wife and her family are mancs, so I see quite a lot of them playing. mata is wasted out wide.

if we want a left mid/winger, buy a left mid/winger who can do the role the manager wants, if of course he doesn't see a ready made player already in the squad

He likes them to have quality aswell. He hasn't

After we have signed Witsel. We shall get Strootman or Schneiderlin or William Cavalho to partner him.

Barry has a year left in his contract as backup. McCarthy is ok as backup too. I will keep Besic. That's leave Gibson and Cleverley and we can sell them as they are surplus to requirement. Maybe Barry will not accept as a backup player and leave. In this case, Gibbo stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back