Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is scary is Martins-Indi - i like this direction we are going in.

Jib the gentleman club!

will never forget this picture

upload_2016-7-5_12-4-35.webp

If Witsel comes in. I would think a defensive player like a kante from Leicester who breaks up play would be needed in midfield.
McCarthy can do this job and Koeman may help him become a better player. He runs he heart out when on form and first season he came was amazing last ditch tackles etc.
Besic would also be possible for this job. So I wouldn't be pushed for a schneiderlin or cavalho to be signed.
Witsel seems a box to box player therefore I hope Koeman adopts a single cdm instead of the Martinez 2 in front of back four. Especially when playing at home. We need to be on the front foot controlling the match make goodison a fortress. Getting 12-15 home wins would give us a platform for a top 4 finish as 5/6 wins away would give us over 60pts

Think Koeman regularly varies between playing 1 or 2 defensive mids mate depending on if their home/away and the calibre of teams he's up against (going off what others have said)

IF i was a betting man - which i ain't, then i'd put the money on Schneiderlin (can see Mourinho going for a higher profile player for that role) and Strootman (can see Koeman taking a chance he can come back to his pre injury best) who is able to play box to box or defensive mid much like Witsel

He likes them to have quality aswell. He hasn't
I doubt you would have been saying that 2 years ago when he was bossing the midfield against most of our opposition. Employed as an out and out DM I think he'll do well under Koeman. People make out that Schneiderlin is vastly superior to him but I don't see it. I think they're closely matched. I would expect him to improve under Koeman as well.

I doubt you would have been saying that 2 years ago when he was bossing the midfield against most of our opposition. Employed as an out and out DM I think he'll do well under Koeman. People make out that Schneiderlin is vastly superior to him but I don't see it. I think they're closely matched. I would expect him to improve under Koeman as well.
He did a job but was nothing special, and even when he was supposedly 'good' the majority still were saying he needs to add to his game. Barry contributed way more

Schneirderlin is on a completely different level to McCarthy aswell

if he come and plays left i'll be quite gutted really. my wife and her family are mancs, so I see quite a lot of them playing. mata is wasted out wide.

if we want a left mid/winger, buy a left mid/winger who can do the role the manager wants, if of course he doesn't see a ready made player already in the squad
this. Only want to see him as a no10 if signed. Poor from wide with Utd. Exactly what we need just behind Rom I reckon

He did a job but was nothing special, and even when he was supposedly 'good' the majority still were saying he needs to add to his game. Barry contributed way more

Schneirderlin is on a completely different level to McCarthy aswell
How is Schneiderlin on a different level to McCarthy then?

Mata behind Lukaku could be the key to keeping him at the club. If we had somebody would could pick a pass then I think we could score more goals against teams who are going to sit back. Lukaku will have to start making sensible runs.
Two things that might go against this are Koeman tends to play with a target man up front to hold the ball up and hopefully with all the money about there will be less teams relying on defending for 90 mins.
The new season is going to be interesting.

Lads I've just been sacked in work. Apparently they found out that 9 hours out of 11 I'm in this thread. My boss laughed at me saying I was sad but I reckon I'll be the one laughing loudest when Esk posts some more info and we all know what's going on and he doesn't as I can spend all day in here now. Hahahaha, take that Steve you [Poor language removed]!

Get a grip mate, you've been sacked for spending hours on an internet forum? Why would you jeopardise a career just to sit on here all day and be the first to break some Everton related news? In the grand scheme of life you must realise that internet forums should come well down the list of priorities, seriously some people are just utterly mental.

Mum and Dad proud of you are they? 'Oh but mum look at this really amusing post I wrote', yeah that'll pay the bills son.

Tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back