Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm getting a bit restless now that there's been no movement. I know that the Euros have put a block on things but some clubs have already signed players for big money. Mata hasn't even been involved in the Euros so why hasn't he been signed yet? It's getting a bit smoke and mirrors. Prob need to wait to sell first.

I'm getting a bit restless now that there's been no movement. I know that the Euros have put a block on things but some clubs have already signed players for big money. Mata hasn't even been involved in the Euros so why hasn't he been signed yet? It's getting a bit smoke and mirrors. Prob need to wait to sell first.

Agreed. There's been a number of significant transfers of teams above and around where we should be and we seem to be kicking our heels. Witsel is a different case as he's been at the Euros and his agent has presumably been sorting things for him, but he's had time to look at the offers now and with our clout we should be offering him a better pay package then any other suitor.

I'm not convinced Mata will happen as I think it will represent a step down for him and if he's not onboard with the long term project (he's 28 now) then I don't want him here. Think we need to aim higher than United's cast offs

Agreed. There's been a number of significant transfers of teams above and around where we should be and we seem to be kicking our heels. Witsel is a different case as he's been at the Euros and his agent has presumably been sorting things for him, but he's had time to look at the offers now and with our clout we should be offering him a better pay package then any other suitor.

I'm not convinced Mata will happen as I think it will represent a step down for him and if he's not onboard with the long term project (he's 28 now) then I don't want him here. Think we need to aim higher than United's cast offs

Why would it be a step down for mata but not for witsel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back