Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sinking feeling Chelsea have beat us to Witsel at the last. Though I am massively prepared to be bitter about it and proclaim how overrated he is and how much they will have overpaid

Even IF Chelsea have beaten us to Witzel it could work out better in a way for us ... Stay with me for a bit here ... Witzel goes to Chelsea .... Matic is surplus to requirements at Chelsea ... His biggest admirer brings him to Man U and this in turns makes Scherdlin surplus to requirements and comes to us ... Yea I know in dream land but hey we are in a new era ... You just never know !!!

To be fair mate in modern footballers/fans eyes they are. Recently winning stuff, loads of money and big name players/managers
Very true, but they are no more than West Ham with the Willy Wonker Golden ticket.

The more money comes into the game and clubs like ours awake from their slumber they will revert to their usual stature.
Anyway Mata....has he signed yet ?

One step back for two steps forwards. We'll be a big, trophy winning club soon. Give it two to three years and we'll be genuine title contenders and win the odd trophy or two as well. Man United no question have more trophies than us and it would take a long time to catch up to them, but as for Chelsea we are more successful than them already and it won't be hard to get back up to NSNO.

I hope you're right but pretending we're not miles behind Chelsea right now is madness IMO. But jumping from United to us as we are this second would be a step back for him. Footballers don't think like you and I. I would love to be on board early on a project on the up so I could say "I was there on the ground floor"

Chelsea "Huge ?"....right ho.

Agree to disagree on this as right now both teams I mentioned are miles ahead of us in almost every measurable factor (except historic trophies which we would sound like the RS talking about)

Very true, but they are no more than West Ham with the Willy Wonker Golden ticket.

The more money comes into the game and clubs like ours awake from their slumber they will revert to their usual stature.
Anyway Mata....has he signed yet ?
I agree mate but at the minute they are a much better prospect than we are to outsiders. Hopefully we can change that and in a couple of years we can surpass them In the football food chain!! Starting with Mata

I hope you're right but pretending we're not miles behind Chelsea right now is madness IMO. But jumping from United to us as we are this second would be a step back for him. Footballers don't think like you and I. I would love to be on board early on a project on the up so I could say "I was there on the ground floor"

Agree to disagree on this as right now both teams I mentioned are miles ahead of us in almost every measurable factor (except historic trophies which we would sound like the RS talking about)
Bloody hell mate we all know we've been miles behind most clubs....its changing rapidly tho...normal order about to be resumed.

I've not seen anything to say that we are in talks or have enquired or anything, but the dutch press have named players that we will sign this summer. Most are one's we've been linked with (Mata, Witsel, Martins-Indi) or have already signed (stekky). But then there was 2 more random ones, Anrautovic was one, now I saw at the start of summer some people mentioned him but nothing potentially from Everton, then the more random name mentioned was Quincy Promes, not heard anything even close to a whisper about him until today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back