Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good. Ive always liked players like Jens Jeremies and Gattuso myself, bit smaller but absolute killers....reason i really like kovacic is because he can pass the ball brilliantly and drive forward from deep.

If schneiderlin is so good why would koeman sell?
Because saints are a selling club. Ponch tried to take him to Spurs with him the season before and when Utd came calling with 25m, saints as they have done with bids for all their better players was allowed to leave. Under koeman, scherderlein was the best DM in the premier league in his final year at the saints. Koeman would love him at Everton IMO.

He is top quality, plus the fact it was Koeman who got the best out of him and was the only player Pochettino wanted to take to Spurs with him. LVG was a Dutch Hodgson who basically naffed his career. Lets not forget the absolute dross Hodgson took to France, and also the in-form players he deceided to leave at home, so as stated, not being called up is at the whim of a muppet in many cases.

Brother watched a lot of the other teams around that time mate, and he absolutely raved about how good he was, i tended to agree whenever i watched him as well

Probably because he can go out their and sign 'his' player mate, and lets not forget Mourinho is far from infallible when it comes to judging players as well

But maybe it all depends on what happens with Pogba as well as if he brings in a huge 'name' if that falls through

Id like to see us get VVD from southampton but canr believe he signed a 6 year extension. Wonder how much he would cost....

When a club that has previously and continued to sell any of their players when decent bids come in, point blank refused to sell one - then it normally means he is a bit special IMO

Oh get what you mean now. I thought you were insisting because he went from unsellable to sold for £25m his form had dropped.

He is a very good DM though; would love him here. Got a lot of family in Southampton and my uncle said he's been great ever since they nabbed him from some crap French team.

Oh get what you mean now. I thought you were insisting because he went from unsellable to sold for £25m his form had dropped.

He is a very good DM though; would love him here. Got a lot of family in Southampton and my uncle said he's been great ever since they nabbed him from some crap French team.

Nah mate that last season for Saints he was absolutely brilliant, especially given all the crap that occurred over his wanted move to spurs etc, the bloke just got on and played his best season yet despite it all

Nah mate that last season for Saints he was absolutely brilliant, especially given all the crap that occurred over his wanted move to spurs etc, the bloke just got on and played his best season yet despite it all

Thought it funny he said Spurs was his dream destination then joined United and said it was a dream come true haha.

Thought it funny he said Spurs was his dream destination then joined United and said it was a dream come true haha.

Foreign players mate, saw an interview with Witsel where he managed to basically say that Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United where his dream moves

NEA arsed mate

That's a good team

Coleman and Baines when they are healthy and in form are still two of the best Full Backs in the League

Jags is a decent captain and a solid defender while Funes Mori looks to have a bright future

Barry and McCarthy are good in the middle

Your man crush Del and Kev are threats on the wing

Barkley is still one of the best young players in the Prem and Lukaku is a goal machine

I'm all for us signing new players, but I'm not going to sit there and denigrate the players we already have

Our biggest problem is squad depth. When they're on form, our starting XI can beat anybody

Two bad seasons under a tactically inept manager are clouding your judgment

McCarthy in particular was doing really well in the middle until the bottom dropped out last season (Something a lot of people tend to forget)

Again, on paper that team is much better than Leciesters starting XI, and they are the League Champions

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back