Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has flair in him, good shot and good with the ball. But like you said hugely overrated. ..they clearly are gutted that little Epebtoh is about to sign some brilliant players while they are linked with Sissokho

How the hell did I recognise that as Russian?

Why is everyone going on about schniederlin (SP) so much?

If he was any good then Jose won't be selling him!

Mate Mourinho has sold a host of players that ended up performing better than ones he kept hold of

Lukaku
Schurrle
De Bruyne
Filipe Luis
Mata - at Chelsea
Bertrand
Huth
Cech
Garay
Robben

and cba looking after that at more of his first stint at Chelsea or his time at Milan

Haven't been able to keep up with this thread unfortunately. Is Mata and Witzel close to signing or they just rumours?

Haven't been able to keep up with this thread unfortunately. Is Mata and Witzel close to signing or they just rumours?

Until anything official is announced everything you hear is rumour.

Witsel, a few lids saying it's a done deal and Mata is looking likely (rumours)

Jose didn't rate Lukaku or De Bruyne either.

those players were kids though at the time and he wanted more experience. Hardly selling them at the level they are now.

Mate Mourinho has sold a host of players that ended up performing better than ones he kept hold of

Lukaku
Schurrle
De Bruyne
Filipe Luis
Mata - at Chelsea
Bertrand
Huth
Cech
Garay
Robben

and cba looking after that at more of his first stint at Chelsea or his time at Milan

Lukaku- Was a kid and jose wanted an experienced striker
Schurrle - was a bit party player and was replaced by willian/hazard as wide player
De Bruyne- again a kid and inexperienced compared to the experienced fabregas for example.
Filipe Luis - Jose has a terrible record when it comes to full backs.
Mata - at Chelsea - doesn't rate him, or fit into his team, either or.
Bertrand - i don't think a single academy player has consistently made the team in the past 12 years.
Huth - wasn't a top defender. Probably still isn't.
Cech - Sold as he couldn't give him first team football. A sale out of respect.
Garay - never seen him, but the fact he is in russia chasing money speaks a fair bit of his character.
Robben - asked to leave chelsea, jose rated him

You realise this makes no sense as we are about to buy Mata yeah?

It does make sense. We are signing mata because we got in there before jose could sell him. We bid, united accepted, and considering the same manager sold him within 4 months the first time round, not really a suprise we got the deal over the line so swiftly.

Coutinho is massively overrated imo, for every good game he has 3 or 4 anonymous games

Mods get this quote bloody framed will yeah ?! I have been saying this for a couple of years now, the amount of arguments I have had with reds saying he is world class is unbelievable. However, I do think they will manage to turn any Coutinho move into a world record fee to Barca/Real, if they got £49m for sterling then god knows how much kopite spin they will put on Coutinho.

Mods get this quote bloody framed will yeah ?! I have been saying this for a couple of years now, the amount of arguments I have had with reds saying he is world class is unbelievable. However, I do think they will manage to turn any Coutinho move into a world record fee to Barca/Real, if they got £49m for sterling then god knows how much kopite spin they will put on Coutinho.

He is a decent but inconsistent player who is capable of world class 'moments' it is a huge huge way short of being world class

Yeah Coutinho is proper average. lol Same way Suarez was average when he played for Liverpool.

I do not recall one Evertonian saying this in the last 3-4 years. If anything most blues would admit we were sh*t scared of his ability to dismantle a team on his own. Justified by the fact most blues thought LFC would go backwards once Suarez left, right now I will admit that I think Suarez is the best player in the world.

I agree with that too and iv had the same arguments, although everytime i break out that argument he pops up with a worldie that same week!
To be fair he did get more consistant 2nd half of last season

Not that it's going to happen but Coutinho is quality.On another note I was impressed by Jaoa Mario from Portugal last night had a serious engine on him. Think he plays for Lisbon only 23. Just putting it out there Ronald, have a look when you get the chance.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back