Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting titbit from Gazetta

Napoli, domani il d.s. Giuntoli a Milano per Pereyra e Koulibaly

Tornerà domani in quel di Milano il direttore sportivo del Napoli, Cristiano Giuntoli, attualmente a Dimaro per seguire il ritiro pre-campionato della squadra azzurra: in agenda l’incontro con gli agenti di Roberto Pereyra, centrocampista offensivo della Juventus con il quale manca ancora l’accordo contrattuale. Nel corso della giornata il dirigente del Napoli farà il punto della situazione anche con gli emissari dell’Everton per Kalidou Koulibaly, ritenuto per ora incedibile dal presidente De Laurentiis.

This states that Guintoli (Sporting director of Napoli) will meet with emissaries of Everton regarding the possible sale of Koulibaly who was considered unsellable according to the Napoli owner De Laurentis.

For me if Stones goes and we replace him with Koulibaly and Rugani that would be shrewd business. Teams are needing to buy Home grown players to meet the requirements, yet we have quite a few talented british players and a strong academy and can increase the wage budget 10 fold with his sale.

The key is making sure we get the players we want of course before sanctioning Stones' departure. I wonder if this is what is complicating the deals and causing the delay (especially as he was away with England and a few targets are also still on holiday).

For me if Stones goes and we replace him with Koulibaly and Rugani that would be shrewd business. Teams are needing to buy Home grown players to meet the requirements, yet we have quite a few talented british players and a strong academy and can increase the wage budget 10 fold with his sale.

The key is making sure we get the players we want of course before sanctioning Stones' departure. I wonder if this is what is complicating the deals and causing the delay (especially as he was away with England and a few targets are also still on holiday).

Yeah it's been frustrating for us lot - but I think things are going to move pretty quickly now over the next couple of days. Rugani and Koulibaly would be ace IMO.

It's mid July. The manager has been at work for a fortnight.

I reckon it's way too early for a meltdown.

If we've announced no-one by mid-August I'll join you all in fuming, but there's been quite a change in the running of things all round at the club so I reckon we should all have a bit of patience and stay calm for a few more weeks.

Yes mate he's class. More Maldini-esque in the way he defends. Tackles fair, good at intercepting, 6'3", pretty strong and got years ahead to learn off a good defender like Koeman. Probably doesn't speak a word of English mind and not sure anyone in our squad can speak Italian.
Perhaps a cheeky bid for El Sharwaay might help with that........

It's mid July. The manager has been at work for a fortnight.

I reckon it's way too early for a meltdown.

If we've announced no-one by mid-August I'll join you all in fuming, but there's been quite a change in the running of things all round at the club so I reckon we should all have a bit of patience and stay calm for a few more weeks.

Sorry have to disagree old chum.
I have been hearing that tired excuse for the last 20 years and it does the club no favours preparing for a new season.
New Owner has a tough job to sell the club but he knew that when he got on board so....get on with it and quickly.

Sorry have to disagree old chum.
I have been hearing that tired excuse for the last 20 years and it does the club no favours preparing for a new season.
New Owner has a tough job to sell the club but he knew that when he got on board so....get on with it and quickly.

True. I bet Stones to City happens before the next major Everton transfer. Fact is, we just don't get things done, we just don't

True. I bet Stones to City happens before the next major Everton transfer. Fact is, we just don't get things done, we just don't

We should have had the DoF sorted out much earlier in fact we should have be hiring them by region (UK + Northern Europe, Southern Europe +Eastern Europe) but that,s for another day.

We should have had the DoF sorted out much earlier in fact we should have be hiring them by region (UK + Northern Europe, Southern Europe +Eastern Europe) but that,s for another day.
No we should wait until sevilla are about to sign a player in a position we need then swoop in and offer more money and wages.

Hey presto, cheap way of having monchi here without paying him a penny.

Good that RFM isnt going to Rio but I do have issues with us selling before we buy. Weakens our position as other teams know that we are desperate to buy and are loaded with cash. Drives target value up and can lead to panic buys.

....I suppose the problem with buying before you sell is having an extra player on your hands if the sell deal falls through. There is plenty of time to bring players in, I'm not seeing an issue at all with sell and then buy as long as it's not at the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back