Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of a striker. Pelle has moved, Milik doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
I would like to shift Kone on gain his wage back into the pot, a squad place if we are lucky a a fee(China?) Niasse won't go yet anyway.
Adding to the forward line??
Bony seem obvious heard he will be moved on maybe turkey?
I would take him at a cut price 10-15m

Do you think we could realistically go and sign Icardi(Inter) he's 23 would be straight up competition for Lukaku, even a formidable partnership. Unlikely but could test the water? £30m?

Any Strikers out there you would like to see come in.

Its a bit daft to make a post when 12 months ago i posted about all 3 of them + Romagnoli.

Manolas and Koulibaly are the world class players.

Rugani and Romagnoli are Italys future centre backs.

I will go out on a limb here and say koulibaby is not a world class defender. He might be very very good, he might be world class one day, but he isnt world class now. We wouldn't even be mentioned along side him if he was.

In terms of a striker. Pelle has moved, Milik doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
I would like to shift Kone on gain his wage back into the pot, a squad place if we are lucky a a fee(China?) Niasse won't go yet anyway.
Adding to the forward line??
Bony seem obvious heard he will be moved on maybe turkey?
I would take him at a cut price 10-15m

Do you think we could realistically go and sign Icardi(Inter) he's 23 would be straight up competition for Lukaku, even a formidable partnership. Unlikely but could test the water? £30m?

Any Strikers out there you would like to see come in.
milik may well be for sale but after the champions league qualifiers.

if he is still there come september then there you go but they won't sell him before those games. After that they may be more interested in listening.

@Ashtonian @Zatara

The thing is lads if we sell Stones then I have no issues with us chunking most if not all of our budget on 2 CB's and a keeper if they're good. Reason being we showed last season that even with an average manager tactically we had - for the most part - absolutely no issue scoring goals. If we can sort fitness and consistency we have enough in Lukaku, Barkley, Geri and Kev to do damage. What we didn't do well was defend. Soooo speaking very, very hypothetically if we spend all our money and Koeman trains them right we can start ironing out the stupid goals we were conceding. We scored the joint 7th highest goals with Chelsea and that was with some horrendous barren runs from our players.

Same attackers + miles better defenders = higher up the league.
Same team + new manager alone will shoot us up the league mate.

I'm just telling zatara we aren't going to sign 2 new defenders at 40 million each. the fact the only club willing to do that are owned by sheiks tells you why we won't be. Are we in for one 40 million defender? No idea! hopefully we are after a top talent, and said it in the stones thread, a replacement for stones will massively improve us. Same as i believe Mori will be a top player for us this season now he has bedded in and got a better manager above him.

This 100%.

People are genuinely happy for the club to wait until AFTER the season has started to make signings? They want their heads testing.

Say we get players in from abroad after start of season... how long will it take them to adjust to the league, to the club, to their new team mates? It'll be Christmas before they reach their potential!

Hate to say it but the RS have showed us how it's done, again, by getting several of their new signings in right at the start of the window.
The difference being they are now shopping at the local store we are shopping at Harrods.
We could of course have any number of ordinary players signed...as they have done.
When you want the best, you have to be more patient.

Same team + new manager alone will shoot us up the league mate.

I'm just telling zatara we aren't going to sign 2 new defenders at 40 million each. the fact the only club willing to do that are owned by sheiks tells you why we won't be. Are we in for one 40 million defender? No idea! hopefully we are after a top talent, and said it in the stones thread, a replacement for stones will massively improve us. Same as i believe Mori will be a top player for us this season now he has bedded in and got a better manager above him.

Personally I think Koulibaly might be £40m but I'd say Rugani is more £20m.

Personally I think Koulibaly might be £40m but I'd say Rugani is more £20m.

I know very little about either other than what i read on here lol

but yeah, if we are planning on spending a big amount on a defender then fantastic, not saying i don't want x y or z because i haven't a clue if they are good or not.

but we haven't got a bottomless pit, and combine witsel and mata deals, apparantly expensive defender, new goalkeeper, new striker, maybe new winger, hopefully right back, maybe another midfielder of some sort.

you get the idea, we have too many positions and not enough money unless we find some great deals. Witsel and mata are great deals, begovic will be a great deal, so we are running up the quota of them, leaving us having to put big money down for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back