Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of a striker. Pelle has moved, Milik doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
I would like to shift Kone on gain his wage back into the pot, a squad place if we are lucky a a fee(China?) Niasse won't go yet anyway.
Adding to the forward line??
Bony seem obvious heard he will be moved on maybe turkey?
I would take him at a cut price 10-15m

Do you think we could realistically go and sign Icardi(Inter) he's 23 would be straight up competition for Lukaku, even a formidable partnership. Unlikely but could test the water? £30m?

Any Strikers out there you would like to see come in.

insigne, perfect partner for lukaku imo

You're not wrong. Generally, under Moyes, we didn't seem to give that many away. Occasionally we would fold (Arsenal) but that was the exception rather than the rule.
Still amounted to the same which was f all. They both failed in different ways, Moyes too defensive, martinez not enough so. You need the right balance to win anything and they both lacked. They're both gone and now hopefully koeman can get his targets in and win us something

In terms of a striker. Pelle has moved, Milik doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
I would like to shift Kone on gain his wage back into the pot, a squad place if we are lucky a a fee(China?) Niasse won't go yet anyway.
Adding to the forward line??
Bony seem obvious heard he will be moved on maybe turkey?
I would take him at a cut price 10-15m

Do you think we could realistically go and sign Icardi(Inter) he's 23 would be straight up competition for Lukaku, even a formidable partnership. Unlikely but could test the water? £30m?

Any Strikers out there you would like to see come in.

Vietto, can't get a game at Atletico (behind Griezemann Torres Carrasco Jackson Martinez), but was great at Villareal. Would have said Batsuayi but that ship has sailed.

All depends on what formation Koeman favours. I'd love to see a creative partner dovetail with Lukaku like Suarez did with Sturridge. If we get Mata though then we'll probably just go with one upfront.

I'd like to see Koeman utilise Mirallas or even Deulofeu in a central role close to Lukaku rather than isolated out wide.

I know very little about either other than what i read on here lol

but yeah, if we are planning on spending a big amount on a defender then fantastic, not saying i don't want x y or z because i haven't a clue if they are good or not.

but we haven't got a bottomless pit, and combine witsel and mata deals, apparantly expensive defender, new goalkeeper, new striker, maybe new winger, hopefully right back, maybe another midfielder of some sort.

you get the idea, we have too many positions and not enough money unless we find some great deals. Witsel and mata are great deals, begovic will be a great deal, so we are running up the quota of them, leaving us having to put big money down for others.

I think some positions need to be addressed this summer and others can wait. I think we could get GK, 2x CB, Witsel, Mata and a striker this window but another midfielder, left mid, right-back cover etc. can be plugged for now and addressed either in January or next summer. Whole squad doesn't need to be fixed in one window.

I'm more than happy with one up front. Look at the first third of last season, with Deulofeu virtually producing one assist a game for Lukaku. Now imagine we can get Mirallas on form on the left, with Mata floating behind the striker... that is absolutely deadly.

Then we get Witsel to steady the midfield, and give Barkley a free role alongside him to get up and down. Once we sort out the goalkeeping problem things might look fantastic all of a sudden, and that's only with three new players brought into the XI... Mata/Witsel/Goalkeeper.

Keeper / Coleman Jagielka Mori Baines / Witsel Barkley / Deulofeu Mata Mirallas / Lukaku

We have to expect more signings though because that leaves us very short on actual quality outside of the first XI, and I'd like us to sign a better CB than Jagielka too. The likes of Oviedo, Garbutt, Gibson, Lennon, McCarthy, Besic, Barry aren't going to fire us up the league, but can come in and do a job when needed. I'd say alongside what I have mentioned above we should be looking for another two players; a top-end striker and a right back to provide competition for Coleman, plus looking to offload Kone, McAleny, Niasse, McGeady and Cleverley asap.

If we could do all of the above, I think we'd have as strong a squad as any in the league, on paper.

I know very little about either other than what i read on here lol

but yeah, if we are planning on spending a big amount on a defender then fantastic, not saying i don't want x y or z because i haven't a clue if they are good or not.

but we haven't got a bottomless pit, and combine witsel and mata deals, apparantly expensive defender, new goalkeeper, new striker, maybe new winger, hopefully right back, maybe another midfielder of some sort.

you get the idea, we have too many positions and not enough money unless we find some great deals. Witsel and mata are great deals, begovic will be a great deal, so we are running up the quota of them, leaving us having to put big money down for others.

Thing is though mate, and defender comign in the cost will be at least offset by Stones fee

Witsel and Mata getting 'tenuously' reported as costing about 40m for the pair, new keeper - at the very most 20m (more likely someone like Begovic though for 10m), say 10-15 for a striker and for the other cover it could be sorted with one player in Blind (cover for rb, def mid and cb) and cost about 10m or so

even assuming a cb coming in directly costing what we get for stones and NO other players leaving to add money (unlikely as some will surely be off you'd have to think) and we will still not be that close to spending the oft thrown about 100m figure this summer and be have spent soemthing more akin to 70-80m)

You're not wrong. Generally, under Moyes, we didn't seem to give that many away. Occasionally we would fold (Arsenal) but that was the exception rather than the rule.
I dont have any issues with Koeman being like Moyes in that aspect! people have very selective memory and for a good few seasons we pkayed some excellent stuff under Moyes! The primary difference between Moyes and Koeman, is that Koeman has played at the very highest level and knows what is required to win at that level!

That was Moyes biggest downfall, he didn't have eny experience of pakying at that level and developed a permanent 'underdog' mentality! Without wishing tomuse a racial stereotype, the Dutch and German players tend to have more natural arrogance in respect to their chances of winning! So imagine the Moyes style that got us to 4th spot, backed up by a mentality that once we are in the CL we will win the bloody thing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back