Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He joined them in Jan on loan with obligation to permanent transfer; pretty much how 80% of Italian transfers are done for some reason.
aye i knew he was on loan there, thought he would have went back this summer but already signed is a bit of a surprise to me.

ahh well, he can't be that good if Ac milan aren't keeping him.

It's mid July. The manager has been at work for a fortnight.

I reckon it's way too early for a meltdown.

If we've announced no-one by mid-August I'll join you all in fuming, but there's been quite a change in the running of things all round at the club so I reckon we should all have a bit of patience and stay calm for a few more weeks.
*Groucho steps in to calm everyone down...

Doesn't work...

Patrick-Spongebob-Freak-Out-Run-In-Circles.gif

Sorry have to disagree old chum.
I have been hearing that tired excuse for the last 20 years and it does the club no favours preparing for a new season.
New Owner has a tough job to sell the club but he knew that when he got on board so....get on with it and quickly.
This 100%.

People are genuinely happy for the club to wait until AFTER the season has started to make signings? They want their heads testing.

Say we get players in from abroad after start of season... how long will it take them to adjust to the league, to the club, to their new team mates? It'll be Christmas before they reach their potential!

Hate to say it but the RS have showed us how it's done, again, by getting several of their new signings in right at the start of the window.

If we haven't signed anyone by the end of the month, then we can presume we are still awaiting that annual loan money to come in to spend in August ;)

#it'sallthesameonlythenameswillchange

This 100%.

People are genuinely happy for the club to wait until AFTER the season has started to make signings? They want their heads testing.

Say we get players in from abroad after start of season... how long will it take them to adjust to the league, to the club, to their new team mates? It'll be Christmas before they reach their potential!

Hate to say it but the RS have showed us how it's done, again, by getting several of their new signings in right at the start of the window.

Aye we should all be so jealous of the wonderful work the Liverpool transfer commitee has been doing the past few years, long may it continue

Rugani or Manolas + Koulibaly and a top keeper and thats the best in the league.

Rugani when played by Juve has increased their win % last season by something like 25% or more. Also was in Serie A team of the year the season before.

Aye we should all be so jealous of the wonderful work the Liverpool transfer commitee has been doing the past few years, long may it continue
Think you replied to the wrong post mate, because mine mentioned neither their "transfer committee" nor the "past few years".

Anyway, the start of the season will prove whether it was the right move to be so patient in the transfer market.

It's a weird one. The funny thing is that I bet heads are falling off on every clubs forums. Even Man U after some great business done already I bet some of their fans are losing it about how they haven't signed pogba yet!
It's because no one has patience, everyone wants it NOW. So they can win the transfer window and brag on Twitter

Yes mate he's class. More Maldini-esque in the way he defends. Tackles fair, good at intercepting, 6'3", pretty strong and got years ahead to learn off a good defender like Koeman. Probably doesn't speak a word of English mind and not sure anyone in our squad can speak Italian.

Cheers mate. Sounds like a really good prospect off the reviews I've got off here and the web. Hoping we go for him now.

Rugani or Manolas + Koulibaly and a top keeper and thats the best in the league.

Rugani when played by Juve has increased their win % last season by something like 25% or more. Also was in Serie A team of the year the season before.
Again mate we are not signing two 30-40 million pound defenders at the same time! It isn't going to happen.

YOu could be getting your wish and we go after koulibaby but now you are championing a new name like he is the best we can buy! lol make your mind up, is it koulibaby or ruggani we should be signing?

Again mate we are not signing two 30-40 million pound defenders at the same time! It isn't going to happen.

YOu could be getting your wish and we go after koulibaby but now you are championing a new name like he is the best we can buy! lol make your mind up, is it koulibaby or ruggani we should be signing?

Its a bit daft to make a post when 12 months ago i posted about all 3 of them + Romagnoli.

Manolas and Koulibaly are the world class players.

Rugani and Romagnoli are Italys future centre backs.

@Ashtonian @Zatara

The thing is lads if we sell Stones then I have no issues with us chunking most if not all of our budget on 2 CB's and a keeper if they're good. Reason being we showed last season that even with an average manager tactically we had - for the most part - absolutely no issue scoring goals. If we can sort fitness and consistency we have enough in Lukaku, Barkley, Geri and Kev to do damage. What we didn't do well was defend. Soooo speaking very, very hypothetically if we spend all our money and Koeman trains them right we can start ironing out the stupid goals we were conceding. We scored the joint 7th highest goals with Chelsea and that was with some horrendous barren runs from our players.

Same attackers + miles better defenders = higher up the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back