Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esk's mistake is perhaps being overly confident and using terms with finality, knowing the nature of football.

A good post that. What struck me was shortly after Moshiri coming in (but not taking over) was the amount of posts on forums by a few alleged ITK suggesting things were about to move to another level, but a level perhaps 100 levels above current, 'you guys have no idea about what you are about to see...' Then posts saying we could compete with the top clubs. 50 million for a player? Bah, ez, no probs.

Now I don't think you can say this is not true so far. We have RK, I don't see enough people realising what that means. He has taken club away for a week of super strenuous night and day analysis and effort. It's pretty obvious what is going on there. Unfortunately certain people that were deemed as ITK suggested things would happen this week, but that makes no sense:

- club are away - lots of officials and RK. Perhaps Moshiri wants RK there for the signing (not a weird thing, think of the photos, a new regime? But manager not there??)
- players away. It's next week all come back
- manager has not even been able to appraise the top players in squad. He will have to have talks with some. Next week. Not all international players will figure in his plan
- many things going on behind the scenes and in some cases with respect to three points above
- Something that is very apparent if you watched the training vids. Some younger players are being promoted. Some of these are potentially as good as a 20-30Million new player, some definitely not, but if you watch the vids and the under 21s and see how many of these player names you know before watching the video now compared to the squad even 3 years ago, it's absolutely mindblowing the talent we have coming through. Not the most important point perhaps but we have so much talent appearing now from youth, has any club ever seen this?
- Recovery of pound - do not understimate this. Accountants especially are very interested in this.

So there are many reasons to be patient. And to be calculating, strategic. Don't take all the ITK guys word for word, the good ones admit just passing on what they hear. It's a postive on Everton at the moment that the whole community is hanging on the words of one or two people. Means things are under wraps. I know I would rather hear some whispering rather than nothing at all.

Yep.

Discussions for the dock site show we have the money to plan for a new stadium.

External facelift.....spending money tarting the place up tide us over until the new stadium arrives (raising the visual profile of the stadium)

Koeman - do you really think he would have come if he was told you'd have sod all to spend?

Wake up and smell the coffee. :coffee:

Nothing happening with either of those

Completely true

You know @thebluenosebolt....... every time I see that bum in your picture it catches my attention. This is, without fail, shortly followed by a likely irrational fear that it in truth belongs to some lad named Clarence that has gender identity quandaries......

I'm sure this says more about my imperfections than it does anything else, but nonetheless I'd like to know who the bum in question belongs to.

Also, all the players we are looking at are boss except the ones who ultimately choose not to sign for us (so I am not accused of posting off topic....)

Last edited:

We will definitely sign new players. This is a given.

But how about we start using actual real life journalists and news websites as sources and not get hung up on what people on the internet say!

Not one credible source reported Mata to Everton. Witsel is anyone's guess.

Surely there is something substantial out there?

3rd July http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ster-uniteds-juan-mata-as-he-finds-himself-s/

that's a journalist right there.

Just saying like.

Don't ruin it FFS. This could be the best factional war on GOT since the Clique versus everyone who wasn't the clique.

2zgdmyx.jpg

Let it happen.

images-8.webp

The End!!!

You know @thebluenosebolt....... every time I see that bum in your picture it catches my attention. This is without fail shortly followed by a likely irrational fear that it in truth belongs to some lad named Clarence that has gender identity quandaries......

I'm sure this says more about my imperfections than it does anything else, but nonetheless I'd like to know who the bum in question belongs to.

Also, all the players we are looking at are boss except the ones who ultimately choose not to sign for us (so I am not accused of posting off topic....)
this happens alot...

it is in fact my good lady wife Meg Turney

We will definitely sign new players. This is a given.

But how about we start using actual real life journalists and news websites as sources and not get hung up on what people on the internet say!

Not one credible source reported Mata to Everton. Witsel is anyone's guess.

Surely there is something substantial out there?
What about Koeman saying 'itsh poshible'? That substantial enough, or?

You know @thebluenosebolt....... every time I see that bum in your picture it catches my attention. This is without fail shortly followed by a likely irrational fear that it in truth belongs to some lad named Clarence that has gender identity quandaries......

upload_2016-7-15_22-27-9.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back