Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to chase away another good poster, lads.

Esk's mistake is perhaps being overly confident and using terms with finality, knowing the nature of football. I even remember fox on here getting information which turned out to be false, but like in this case I believe it was true at the time. No doubt that fox had genuine info and is a proper blue, but football is a fast moving and fickle business.

If esk joined about 10 minutes before posting anything then I'd say fair enough, but he's been here for a decade and is a top bloke.

Esk's mistake is perhaps being overly confident and using terms with finality, knowing the nature of football. I even remember fox on here getting information which turned out to be false, but like in this case I believe it was true at the time. No doubt that fox had genuine info and is a proper blue, but football is a fast moving and fickle business.

If esk joined about 10 minutes before posting anything then I'd say fair enough, but he's been here for a decade and is a top bloke.

Indeed. Just big naivety.

As said last week:

Might be, but I doubt it. I think it was informally finalised and set under an announcement embargo pending medical when returning from holiday.

Problem is, like any event booking, it is prone to changing.

So my view is Esk has fallen into the trap of thinking a deal is done when it isn't actually done, and that's an issue with getting second half info and having to trust a sources judgement on things. That's why I'm saying don't say anything definitive if you are in the know until it's actually happened and you get the info first, like that DAVIDMOYES fella used to do by and large, or LCAB before he quite obviously lost his ITK contact and began lying to keep attention on himself.

Most itks left this forum because of fickle people wanting sly digs

Only one. DAVIDMOYES.

The 'others' left because they were frauds in the first place, or they lost their contact and refused to admit it; instead making more and more ludicrous claims on Twitter and basically becoming a crap, cold reading football version of Mystic Meg.

The reactions on here are laughable and cringeworthy at the same time. Even now, I'd still trust The Esk's information over 99% of other members on this forum. But hey, let the bunch of puppies pretend they are big bad hyenas.

All of you weirdos get over yourselves, if you don't like what's being posted by trusted contributors go play some place else! Run along...

To be completely fair (and I'm not someone who is going to attack Esk), he did stick his neck out over this.

It's not a case of trust; it's a case of him being, to be blunt, wrong. For whatever reason that is, it's now a case of putting your hands up and saying, "yep, got that wrong, don't know what happened".

Why people are desperately upset over it is absolutely hilarious though!

In fairness, the Council are paying for improvments to FF - which THEY own. It is paid for by and increase on the rent we pay (that's how I understood it anyway).

Since Moshiri came onboard.....

• Martinez gone.
  • Club debts paid off.
  • Ryazantsev seemingly in control in the boardroom.
  • Discussions in progress with Peel over the dock site for the stadium.
  • External facelift for the Old Lady soon to begin.
  • New manager (Moshiri's first choice)
Hardly what you'd call "same old Everton" is it? What people don't seem to realise is that the internal overhaul going on at the club does not happen overnight - it takes time. Patience is needed.

Those 4 prove we have money

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back