Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The holiday offers not much of a clue mate the resort he stayed at Porto something or other has regularly been voted number 1 hotel in the world to take your children. It has moorings for your yacht & Michelin starred resteraunts its a footballer with kids paradise. I priced it up once would have had to sell my house
I'm not a scouser but have been to Liverpool many times due to EFC and like it very much but I don't understand why anyone would believe he wouldn't favour Italy over Liverpool and that's not even mentioning Champs league footy.
Rain v sunshine and, the most influential person in his life right now, his GF, no doubt canvassing for the most glamorous option.
He'll come to us only if we show him the £.

I'm not a scouser but have been to Liverpool many times due to EFC and like it very much but I don't understand why anyone would believe he wouldn't favour Italy over Liverpool and that's not even mentioning Champs league footy.
Rain v sunshine and, the most influential person in his life right now, his GF, no doubt canvassing for the most glamorous option.
He'll come to us only if we show him the £.
Can't argue with that to be fair

FWIW a well known local journo is privately saying Koeman is in no hurry and being very particular. Does not want to spend for the sake of it and has actually pulled Moshiri back from 2 big bids because he thinks they are over-valued. Witsel is one where he has said this much, no more.

Their sense is Koeman will move quickly once he has seen full squad including those who went to Euros but may mean a couple more weeks where we may only make an obvious move to replace a player who left.

Just because we have money doesn't mean we have to spunk it, also we can spend loads in fees, it's wages we have to try and manage as we can't increase by to much without selling
I admire your faith but that is all it seems to be at the moment. We want to believe we have a Man City like budget but this is at odds with our lack of spending thus far so the 'we can't spend really big due to wages problem' allows us to continue to believe what is attractive to us in the face of contradictory evidence.
I've no doubt we've the biggest budget we've ever had as it was promised to Koeman before he signed. I expect we'll make some big signings but, all the evidence is, it's not going to exceed a positive net spend of 100 mill. Still fantastic compared to where we were though.

FWIW a well known local journo is privately saying Koeman is in no hurry and being very particular. Does not want to spend for the sake of it and has actually pulled Moshiri back from 2 big bids because he thinks they are over-valued. Witsel is one where he has said this much, no more.

Their sense is Koeman will move quickly once he has seen full squad including those who went to Euros but may mean a couple more weeks where we may only make an obvious move to replace a player who left.
Rather this then be held to ransom and pay over the odds for a player that had us as his second or third choice.

If true, it would make sense for Koeman to think that way. Only problem I have is that the general consensus is that we'd prefer to get the players in now/asap to integrate with rhe rest of the squad and play some part in pre-season friendlies etc. We, as supporters are always banging on about this because in past seasons we've had our start to season stymied by having to do last minute shopping.

Koeman is in no hurry and being very particular. Does not want to spend for the sake of it and has actually pulled Moshiri back from 2 big bids
It's possible but that would represent the opposite behaviour that is seen in these relationships the vast majority of times where it's the manager who's pushing the 'Chairman' to spend.
I hope it's true, as it bodes well for us under Koeman if it is, but it's also notable he's suggested he left SFC due to them not being ambitious in the transfer market.

u ok hun??

whats a mata xxx

giphy.gif

What in gods name has happened here Mike laaaa! Inspirational stuff

He's #Rustled

Oh Michael. You've fallen hook line and sinker here pal.

In the bin you go.

Wow that was fun. :bye:

I just really wanted to finish yesterday with a bang!

Good times, great memories!

Hopefully someone asks koeman today after the game,if anyone there from the papers and co about any transfer latest if he was to say anything

Fair enough if he is evaluating the squad of outfield players before moving in the transfer market, but he knows we definitely need a keeper so we should be pushing for one ASAP.

The problem with leaving it late is you then leave it late for anyone to find a replacement. Essentially it means you can only get players other teams are looking to offload which is why there are also bargains to be had.

I does feel a little like nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back