Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW a well known local journo is privately saying Koeman is in no hurry and being very particular. Does not want to spend for the sake of it and has actually pulled Moshiri back from 2 big bids because he thinks they are over-valued. Witsel is one where he has said this much, no more.

Their sense is Koeman will move quickly once he has seen full squad including those who went to Euros but may mean a couple more weeks where we may only make an obvious move to replace a player who left.
What journo?

Their sense is Koeman will move quickly once he has seen full squad including those who went to Euros but may mean a couple more weeks where we may only make an obvious move to replace a player who left.

My own view.

Apparently he moved later in the windows at Southampton (wasn't big on transfer deadline days though...)

Whether that was out of necessity of replacing sales at Southampton is another consideration.

Veruca_Salt.webp

This thread lately is why we can't have nice things.

The problem with leaving it late is you then leave it late for anyone to find a replacement. Essentially it means you can only get players other teams are looking to offload which is why there are also bargains to be had.

I does feel a little like nothing has changed.
If they Leave it late I'm done nothing will have changed mate

Not that it will happen but I'd rather make no signings than waste money as a token effort to appease fans. In saying that I want reinforcements as much as anyone and want them asap.

In an era where £100m buys Paul Pogba alone, our supposed budget isn't as earth shattering as it seems anyway. Man City spent more than that in their initial splurge under Mansour's patronage. I trust the club to get the highest possible fee for Stones but I don't see us spending £100m plus Stones' proceeds. I think our net spend will be more modest.

The biggest dilemma for Koeman will be trying to get the 5-6 players we need spread over the total budget he has available. We may see 1-2 big signings by our standards with a couple of lower-profile/cheaper signings from Europe/South America of a younger age that Koeman thinks could fit the bill like Haller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back