Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
a decent manager would have come in with a plan, especially one already in the prem, its chaos mate

Decent managers still take time to evaluate the squad, what's the point in buying players who won't fit the team or improve the team. RK has a plan just takes time, no point in rushing to buy or we could end up with another Niasse
Just need alittle faith

Mid July. Pre-season friendlies about to start. Other teams are finalizing their squads. Do you seriously think we are going to blow 150m (100m plus Stones) in the next month?

We may sign one or two players like we always do at the lower end of the scale but that's a lot of money and larger transfers normally take longer. There's just more logistics involved plus it's harder to get those players out of their existing clubs so again it makes it more unlikely to be done later in the window.

I believe what you said was that it's looking likely we won't even spend the extra tv money. I presume you are just talking about the equal share that the clubs get, as the rest is dependent on the number of games we get televised and where we finish. The increase in equal share is about 30 million (from about £55.5million to £85 million). So why is it looking likely we won't even spend that?

I believe what you said was that it's looking likely we won't even spend the extra tv money. I presume you are just talking about the equal share that the clubs get, as the rest is dependent on the number of games we get televised and where we finish. The increase in equal share is about 30 million (from about £55.5million to £85 million). So why is it looking likely we won't even spend that?
Because Stones is going and I don't think it's looking likely we will spend 80m even if your figure for the TV money is right. I think it's a bit low but not worth arguing over.

We might get close but it's definitely 50/50.

Do you really think he wasn't aware of who was in our squad. How many times have we played Southampton when he's been in charge?

He could have at least started the ball rolling.
on that train of thought Kone would be a starter under Koeman because of how he played against them in the away game

a decent manager would have come in with a plan, especially one already in the prem, its chaos mate
He's stated that he wants to evaluate the squad and in particular the young players in his squad, in Austria. How would he have known about the talent within our academy before he got here, as Martinez barely played them.
He's obviously identified witsel and koulibaly as top targets. As it stands neither has joined other clubs, so we are still in with a chance of netting these top targets. If not he will move onto other targets. Im as frustrated as anyone no one has been brought in, but koeman has identified the players he wants it up to the club to finalise the deals. To suggest he isn't a decent manager is plainly wrong, his record suggests otherwise.

He's stated that he wants to evaluate the squad and in particular the young players in his squad, in Austria. How would he have known about the talent within our academy before he got here, as Martinez barely played them.
He's obviously identified witsel and koulibaly as top targets. As it stands neither has joined other clubs, so we are still in with a chance of netting these top targets. If not he will move onto other targets. Im as frustrated as anyone no one has been brought in, but koeman has identified the players he wants it up to the club to finalise the deals. To suggest he isn't a decent manager is plainly wrong, his record suggests otherwise.
Nothing is obvious about targets at this stage. If you think different then you are deluding yourself. I don't suggest he isn't a decent manager. I think he's very good and the speed at which he improved VVD was impressive. I just think we should have had players in by now. At the very least a GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back