Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor window so far, must be waiting for stones to go before replacing him same old same old
I'd hope Koeman is evaluating the squad. There are betters players in there than their perfirmances last year. Also will they fit in with his style? I'd expect him to have figured his plans out soon and really hit the market with in and out goings to suit him and his plans

We have to remain patient and see what unfolds.

Having money to spend doesn't necessarily mean spending any, or all of it though.

I do have a nagging concern that things might now play out in a manner similar to that which Moyes experienced in his pre-season at United. I expected that he would be like a child in a sweet shop and spend tons of cash, but it never materialised all summer and he was left to turn to familiar quarters to deal with us for Fellaini on deadline day. That was put down to both his and Ed Woodward's inexperience.

I would be interested to know the exact setup at Everton currently for co-ordinating transfer activity. Koeman had Les Reed to lean on at Southampton but in fairness usually he was having to cope with players being sold from under him and replacing constantly. Is Kenwright still the main man seeing we have not got the much sought-after DoF yet?

I do think it's significant that either Moshiri or someone close to him has identified what's lacking in the current structure and are actively looking to recruit a DoF. There is more than a tacit admission there that things are not at optimal level at the moment and I wonder if that uncertainty and ambiguity in roles amongst current staff are having an effect on how we go about business.

There is also the fact that we are having to begin on a blank page with many players and agents we are dealing with and the bigger the name, the more convincing needs to be done. We can't forget that we simply have not been on the radar of players in terms of attractiveness due to three decades of mere existence with no ambition and stagnant management. That takes time and hard graft to overcome.

I remain confident and upbeat about our prospects, but perhaps this week has served as a reminder that Rome wasn't built in a day. Moshiri, Ryazantsev, and Koeman are all great folk to have on board and the DoF should not be long in following. Steve Walsh seems to have a great reputation too. They are all bricks in the wall to getting us where we need to be but there is so much work to be done.

Ajax he had the best team in the league at PSV the players stopped playing for him and they only won as the other teams lost on the last day of the season...

Look up his record at Benfica, Valencia, PSV and AZ and have a read of how he got on...

Mourinhio had the best team at Chelsea and won it as well as having them bottom half of the table, you didn't have a problem with him as our manager.

Koeman has a good record, whichever way you look at it. He had some failures, so did Mourinhio, he lost to Barca in a two horse race, does that make him bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back