Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect that Steve Walsh has been working on recruitment prior to his appointment.

Once his arrival is official I expect the transfers to start.

Who is Leno? And is this serious

Look at Bernd Leno on wiki.....then youtube.

Hes basically the 2nd best German keeper around 23 years old and would be the best if not for best in the world Neuer. If he was born somewhere, anywhere else hed be 1st choice.

He would be the best in our league on similar level to de gea or courtois perhaps better.

We get him and Koulibaly and we have 2 guys likely to be in the PFA team of the year.

I think that as a professional manager coming from the same league he would already know about ALL our players outside of the u21s. A quick chat with unsworth would tell him that;

A-- We need a top keeper
B -- We need competitiom for Lukaku
C-- We need a centre midfielder
D -- We need a left winger

Thats just common sense. I think even as fans of Everton theres quite a number of posters on here who could pinpoint other teams weaknesses and positions which need strengthening....

I think that bearing in mind stekelenburg took 2mins to sign we should be expecting something a bit more from koeman if indeed he has such gravitas in the game....

Im quite shocked he hasnt put a bid in for leno or someone of equal stature...2 weeks ago.

Are you 100% aware he hasn't put a bid in for LENO?

You're citing 'common sense' Zat - which is kind of ironic - especially given you're flying off the handle without ANY knowledge of what's actually going on behind the scenes at all. Which, frankly, is a bit prem innits...

Yes, we need additions...yes, confidently, there'll be some...

It's just SO odd that you seem to be doubting his footballing nous and wherewithal at this juncture.

In fact it's ridiculous TBH mate, quite, quite laughable really...

Bonkers that some would find excuse & reason & defence for BOB in the latter days of him going potty yet some of them are seemingly content to boot RK around when the job's barely started.

And as for gravitas....Hmmm, think players would take more from RK and his BARCA days than they ever would from RM spieling it about how unlucky he was with a toey during one of his 16 games for MOTHERWELL.

Know what I mean Dear...?

Just wait and see mate, exciting times....embrace it, put the hammer down for a while...;)

Look at Bernd Leno on wiki.....then youtube.

Hes basically the 2nd best German keeper around 23 years old and would be the best if not for best in the world Neuer. If he was born somewhere, anywhere else hed be 1st choice.

He would be the best in our league on similar level to de gea or courtois perhaps better.

We get him and Koulibaly and we have 2 guys likely to be in the PFA team of the year.

Curious but when you say someone is "better" than some other are you basing this on facts, opinion or FIFA potential?

One thing that hasn't been clarified yet, is how much are we actually spending "cash" this transfer window.

We've all heard how the costs of a player is spread over the length of the contract. So a £50m player on a 4 year contract is only £12.5m this year and next 3 years same.

So are we spending £100m+ cash this window or £100m over the next 4 seasons?

I think personally we will spend £50-60m cash this transfer window as we do need to catch up with Spurs, RS etc in terms of world class talent.

Or am I misunderstanding something significant?

Benfica and valencia he won trophies whilst taking benfica to 3rd in a 3 horse race sandwiching title wins when he had the best team there. He won the charity shield. Valencia won the cup but sacked as he nearly relegated them -- was on the way to doing so

At both clubs he had fallings out with literally everyone classed as a too player whicj makes me concerned about his ability to deal with them. I also posted ages ago that he had fallen out with 3 or 4 saints players.

I dont think we will have a smooth season with him in charge.
Fair enough. Who else realistically did you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back