Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
...what does the 'no signings speaks volumes at mo' actually mean mate....really, what does it say to you? (not being sarky BTW)

Do you you feel we're somehow not in the market?

What it should make you feel is content that we're not rushing in, getting swizzed on another NIASSE, that sort of thing...

It should also make you trust in the owner, that billionaire used to getting what he wants, him, and bear in mind also that we are morphing into a different club entirely...deem the silence and the lack of TX activity as you will...but also keep an open mind that it may just be that we're going about things really rather professionally now.

Have faith mate, and hope...because we can these days and it's been a while.
No offence taken mate. i just think a signing would put alot of unease at rest. i guess we're in the market, was just hoping things would have evolved by now. I wonder what impact Walsh would have if he came? Is Koeman uncomfortable handling transfers on his own?

So are we spending £100m+ cash then this Summer transfer window, or is it just player values over the club payment terms?

Zenit may want €20m for Witsel over 4 years. That's only €5m cost this window.

So is Mosh giving us £100m to spend on players this window, or is he buying £100m worth of players? There's a big difference...

I can 100% guarantee you Zenit want it all immediately. Whether they will begrudgingly accept less is another thing, but I havent heard of clubs pushing out payments for less than 20 mill out beyond 3 years. I would say its a big stretch to say 100m means anything other than 100m worth of players this window. In other words, five 20m players regardless of when you actually pay, for example.

Curious but when you say someone is "better" than some other are you basing this on facts, opinion or FIFA potential?
Ive watched quite a bit of Leverkusen over the last year. He's their keeper. He'd EASILY be, far and away, the best keeper we've had since Martyn with a chance to get near Southall levels. The guy is already amazing and has the potential to be world class.

Look at Bernd Leno on wiki.....then youtube.

Hes basically the 2nd best German keeper around 23 years old and would be the best if not for best in the world Neuer. If he was born somewhere, anywhere else hed be 1st choice.

He would be the best in our league on similar level to de gea or courtois perhaps better.

We get him and Koulibaly and we have 2 guys likely to be in the PFA team of the year.

Where has that been reported or confirmed mate?

Nowhere credible I suppose, although there was a story on GOT about three weeks ago. I´ve kind of taken it for granted. More fool me maybe?

But I ask you, in case we´ve had no bid accepted, then that would mean any direct contact with his agent or his representatives would be illegal. But we´ve been in talks with said people, surely, or haven´t we? According to Esk we´ve been talking to them for weeks. Is he wrong?

Nowhere credible I suppose, although there was a story on GOT about three weeks ago. I´ve kind of taken it for granted. More fool me maybe?

But I ask you, in case we´ve had no bid accepted, then that would mean any direct contact with his agent or his representatives would be illegal. But we´ve been in talks with said people, surely, or haven´t we? According to Esk we´ve been talking to them for weeks. Is he wrong?
Who knows mate? Esk seems sure so you can take him at his word. I'd prefer to see something more concrete but that's the pessimist in me. I think the show transfer rumour thing is largely media driven shitshow at the moment.

So are we spending £100m+ cash then this Summer transfer window, or is it just player values over the club payment terms?

Zenit may want €20m for Witsel over 4 years. That's only €5m cost this window.

So is Mosh giving us £100m to spend on players this window, or is he buying £100m worth of players? There's a big difference...

Let's say we buy 4 players at £25 million each. Each player has a 5 year contract (for ease of calculation). Each player earns £5 million a year.

Let's talk about cash first. The amount of cash we need immediately to buy £100 million worth of players depends upon the terms we agree with the sellers. Some may be all upfront, others spread over a period of time. We also need the cash to pay wages from the start of the contract.

Now from an accounting point of view the treatment is different. The value of the 4 players is initially £100 million, but the value depreciates in a straight line over the period of the contract. So over 5 years the 4 player's value falls by £20 million a year. That depreciation (£20 million) is carried as a cost in the P&L accounts, as is the cost of wages. So in this case the P&L account carries £20 million of depreciation and £20 million of wages each year. This has nothing to do with when the transfer fees are paid.

It's unlikely that a transfer budget of £100 million requires £100 million upfront but obviously Moshiri has to provide the funding to meet the total cost of transfers and wages if the business cannot generate sufficient cash (assuming we no longer rely upon debt)

Who knows mate? Esk seems sure so you can take him at his word. I'd prefer to see something more concrete but that's the pessimist in me. I think the show transfer rumour thing is largely media driven shitshow at the moment.

Like the old saying goes, until they´re at Finch farms holding up a shirt don´t believe anything.

However the optimist in me reckons that the fact that Mosh brought over Koeman on a bumper contract is a clear indication that he´s serious about investing in the club.

No point in half measures, neither in business nor in life.

Like the old saying goes, until they´re at Finch farms holding up a shirt don´t believe anything.

However the optimist in me reckons that the fact that Mosh brought over Koeman on a bumper contract is a clear indication that he´s serious about investing in the club.

No point in half measures, neither in business nor in life.
I agree that we will have some money to splash and it's ace. Who truly knows about the transfer ins and outs at the club? It's sensitive information in a highly competitive market.

You've got the right approach to wait and see until they have a moody Everton shirt on in front of the mad blue tiles at Finch Farm.

Until then it's better to chill some and enjoy summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back