Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that hasn't been clarified yet, is how much are we actually spending "cash" this transfer window.

We've all heard how the costs of a player is spread over the length of the contract. So a £50m player on a 4 year contract is only £12.5m this year and next 3 years same.

So are we spending £100m+ cash this window or £100m over the next 4 seasons?

I think personally we will spend £50-60m cash this transfer window as we do need to catch up with Spurs, RS etc in terms of world class talent.

Or am I misunderstanding something significant?

One thing that hasn't been clarified yet, is how much are we actually spending "cash" this transfer window.

We've all heard how the costs of a player is spread over the length of the contract. So a £50m player on a 4 year contract is only £12.5m this year and next 3 years same.

I think personally we will spend £50-60m cash this transfer window as we do need to catch up with Spurs, RS etc in terms of world class talent.

Why's a £50m transfer fee for a player split out over his contract left? Contract length is between us and the player; nothing to do with the other club.

Unless I'm confused as to how staged payments work.

Why's a £50m transfer fee for a player split out over his contract left? Contract length is between us and the player; nothing to do with the other club.

Unless I'm confused as to how staged payments work.
In terms of how we do the accounts the cost of the player is spread over the length of the contract.

So if Moshiri is loaded, then this is the only thing we need to take into account. Cashflow shouldn't be a problem now. Whereas before we didn't have any funding and had to rely on actual cashflow, now that isnt the case (theoretically).

Curious but when you say someone is "better" than some other are you basing this on facts, opinion or FIFA potential?

Why do people on here talk about computer games?? Since when does a computer game show how good a player is over actually watching a match....

Blows my mind...

Clearlu if anyones seen leno play its clear hes in the top bracket of keepers.

Yes mate your misunderstanding the cash transaction or payment & the accounting treatment.

The fee paid for a player is payable over whatever period is agreed it could be 100% upfront or even staged payments over an agreed term.

The accounting treatment is the total payable split across the length of his contract so a £40 million player purchase on a 4 year contract costs £10 million per season in the profit & loss accounts however we may have actually paid £40 million upfront in 1 payment.

The £40 million hits the balance sheet & the bank account & the cost is then spread.

This is why having a new owner is so beneficial if he injects funds into the club to purchase players the interest on the funds should be a lot less compared to the old poor practices.

previous loan transactions from memory had something like 8% interest.

Yes mate your misunderstanding the cash transaction or payment & the accounting treatment.

The fee paid for a player is payable over whatever period is agreed it could be 100% upfront or even staged payments over an agreed term.

The accounting treatment is the total payable split across the length of his contract so a £40 million player purchase on a 4 year contract costs £10 million per season in the profit & loss accounts however we may have actually paid £40 million upfront in 1 payment.

The £40 million hits the balance sheet & the bank account & the cost is then spread.

This is why having a new owner is so beneficial if he injects funds into the club to purchase players the interest on the funds should be a lot less compared to the old poor practices.

previous loan transactions from memory had something like 8% interest.

So are we spending £100m+ cash then this Summer transfer window, or is it just player values over the club payment terms?

Zenit may want €20m for Witsel over 4 years. That's only €5m cost this window.

So is Mosh giving us £100m to spend on players this window, or is he buying £100m worth of players? There's a big difference...

Look at Bernd Leno on wiki.....then youtube.

Hes basically the 2nd best German keeper around 23 years old and would be the best if not for best in the world Neuer. If he was born somewhere, anywhere else hed be 1st choice.

He would be the best in our league on similar level to de gea or courtois perhaps better.

We get him and Koulibaly and we have 2 guys likely to be in the PFA team of the year.
He would be an amazing signing and a marquee one at that.

So are we spending £100m+ cash then this Summer transfer window, or is it just player values over the club payment terms?

Zenit may want €20m for Witsel over 4 years. That's only €5m cost this window.

So is Mosh giving us £100m to spend on players this window, or is he buying £100m worth of players? There's a big difference...
No idea & doubt we will ever find out for definite what payment terms every deal has.

Personally I think he will spend maximum we can before we go over the wage limits imposed by the stcc rules

if moshri shaked the moths from his wallet and actuallly funded a signing we could see what direction the future brings. the fact ee are linked with many but no signings speaks volumes at mo.

if moshri shaked the moths from his wallet and actuallly funded a signing we could see what direction the future brings. the fact ee are linked with many but no signings speaks volumes at mo.

...what does the 'no signings speaks volumes at mo' actually mean mate....really, what does it say to you? (not being sarky BTW)

Do you you feel we're somehow not in the market?

What it should make you feel is content that we're not rushing in, getting swizzed on another NIASSE, that sort of thing...

It should also make you trust in the owner, that billionaire used to getting what he wants, him, and bear in mind also that we are morphing into a different club entirely...deem the silence and the lack of TX activity as you will...but also keep an open mind that it may just be that we're going about things really rather professionally now.

Have faith mate, and hope...because we can these days and it's been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back