Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to criticize him, just enquiring as to whether he works best in identifying cheaper, untapped talent. Seems to me that we (on the whole) should be aiming a bit higher than that. Not that we would be complaining about uncovering the next Vardy, I suppose!
If he signed kante and mahrez for about 6 million in total would that be a bad thing...
He helped buy the players that won leicester city the league. Let that sink in. Leicester city.

Remember we all fumed on deadline day 2013 when we ended up with Stones instead of Negredo?

Good times.

Irritates me this. The fume was justified. We were bang in the mix for a Champions League spot that season, but without doubt needed some more attacking firepower. We never got it, and we faded away.

I don't think anyone for a second thought Stones was less than a great signing for the future, but in terms of that season, was an irrelevance.

If we can't get Mata and want a gamble we could try for Gabriel Jesus. He might be willing to move to get playing time rather than go to one of the bigger clubs.

Could also go pair shaped.

OK; so here goes...

I'm pretty sure i will get some things wrong on this post, as well as abuse from my friends EDD, S88 and the dark Angel...I am putting my #NITK [Not In The Know] status on the line...

Ronald Koeman has drawn up a list of potential transfers; and A list and a B list, as it were. He know where the strength of the team lies, he knows the weaknesses [goalkeeper, midfield, additional striker] so nothing new there. HOWEVER, he first wanted to take the rest of the team on the "factfinding" tour of Austria, as well as well put structure in place in his backroom staff, and that includes a DOF from the Premier League champions before making moves in the transfer market...we also nabbed a backroom staffer from Man City; I forget his name so I so apologise to you Sir...

Now that we have all of the hierarchy, structure, backroom gentlemen call it what you will, in place, we are going to make waves in the transfer market...I think this week, AFTER Walsh is appointed, we will purchase players, and after the first one the second third and possibly fourth will follow...for me the most important is the first player, which has to be a marquee signing, a signing of intent, coupled maybe with an improved contract for Mr Lukaku...this will allow the cascading to begin, and within the next fortnight after the DOF appointment, expect four to five players in...

So there you have it; IN MY OPINION, Koeman was waiting for Walsh, waiting for the end of the Austria sojourn and now it's time to do the business...first signing will not be Mata or Witsel [by the way I don't want him, seems a bit of an indecisive fellow which does not bode well on a football pitch] but a certain Mr Koulibaly...this will be the message of intent, this will make the football world sit up and say, "damn, these Everton chaps mean business"...

Of course I will probably be wrong, but hope springs eternal after the past fortnight of doom and gloom...
I can't see us getting Koulibaly when Chelsea have made him their No 1 target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back