Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

that does it. i am almost certain every single player that somebody has mentioned on this forum has been linked to us in some may.

I noticed it straight away when people started saying a player like milik would be good and low and behold, he randomly appears in the papers shortly after. Even people saying robson-kanu as a joke and he started appearing.

I know this has been the case most the time, but it has become utterly ridiculous this summer. Twitter is massively at fault for it as well, terrible invention.

that does it. i am almost certain every single player that somebody has mentioned on this forum has been linked to us in some may.

I noticed it straight away when people started saying a player like milik would be good and low and behold, he randomly appears in the papers shortly after. Even people saying robson-kanu as a joke and he started appearing.

I know this has been the case most the time, but it has become utterly ridiculous this summer. Twitter is massively at fault for it as well, terrible invention.
rumoured to be available for 6 mil from sporting lisbon

if its a toss up between him for 6 mil or schmeichel for 20 mil i know which one i would choose.

Patience is needed, we are wanting to improve the first eleven and squad. Koeman plays a different way to how Martìnez played. Naturally he'll want to see what the current squad can do up close. We might not move next week or the week after. When we sign someone - they will be what we need - there's gonna be a whole new energy around the players at this moment as they want to impress Koeman from the off.

People mentioning Barry won't fit in, he probably won't but he will be ideal for certain games. Mirallas has been his own worst enemy, if he can knuckle down let's keep him, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade out wide who is more consistent.
McCarthy was unfortunate last few seasons and looked lost, but still think a destroyer could come in handy.
The actual positions that let us down last year and the adaption to Koemans tactics show we need GK, CB to replace Stones, a grock in midfield who can dominate play and at the very least two attacking players - Mata and or a versatile striker. If we add them
into the squad and are harder to beat not conceding mistakes it willake all the difference - don't get upset no-ones in yet. Plenty of time. At no point has an early signing come in and adapted over the friendlies for us. It takes time and this season won't be judged on who came in - it'll be where we are heading in the league. Have faith.

By the way @theesk has been kind to share information, pipe down all the moaning - whole world out there, go and catch some Pokémon.

If Mata doesn't happen think Jesé from Real Madrid might be a decent shout? They've basically said they are going to let him go this window.
Be interesting to see what the big champs leagues do. We could get a few options from players who don't make the squad or become surplus to requirements.

Christ I hope this is not the case. Waiting for Walsh before buying any players? Sounds dumb beyond belief.

(Not call you dumb mate, just hoping that the top men have enough backbone to trust themselves a little bit in the market even before a potential DOF is appointed).
No problem; you wouldn't be the first, or second person to call me dumb...

surely city will want the stones deal tied up before the season starts

if that's the case expect some serious transfer momentum to hit the fans in the next 2-3 weeks

We need to get Stones sold ASAP, ideally first thing Monday morning. No point in us dragged out the sale, likewise we need to get our players in soon as we can, waiting to the season starts to do any business would be a amateurish mistake.

As a older fan from 1963 onwards youth has always played a big part with big signings to fetch success- it's correct to access what playing staff we have IE who to keep what we need etc!
He's inherited a weird squad, loads of youngster who could become first teamers but perhaps none are ready to step in. Given the calibre of players we are looking at its gonna really impact on the opportunities they get. I think he will be more focused on the potential deadwood in the squad. Whittle them down first and back fill with younger lads where possible then create space for better players to enable the young lads to transition into first teamers without pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back