Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice mate, I'll take that on board.

Been nice to catch up, you don't post often enough. I sincerely hope you have a most enjoyable week xx
yeah you too mate, been out the country a fair bit so don't get on as much these days.... ah no, theres a midge in the room, just flown past me buzzing, gonna have to turn the lights on and spend four hours hunting it down, it begins

Absolutely I can, but you only need a basic understanding of the club's finances from public information to know that a statement suggesting we cannot buy before selling is completely wrong.
To be fair though mate, you can't blame people for starting to question the situation.

We are 26 days, yes 26 days from hosting Spurs in the Premier League and we're one of the very few clubs who haven't made a single signing of note.

We were led to believe (not just yourself but plenty of reliable journalists) that we now have the biggest "war chest" in the clubs history, and again, with 26 days to go we've brought a second rate back up goalkeeper.

Now I'm not saying we won't suddenly start spending big and be in good shape by the season's start, but the clock is ticking and I think it's fair enough to say we all expected a lot more by now?

Until we actually make those big signings, people are going to get ever more twitchy and calls of foul play will grow louder.

Things just seem to be taking forever to get anything done. The Martinez sacking took far far too long to come and IMO only eventually happened before the final game due to fan pressure.

It then took an age to get a new manager in which dragged on for weeks on end (I appreciate that Koeman was the one we wanted and we got what we wanted in the end?), we've been hunting for a DOF for god knows how long and to date still haven't managed to fill the position, and at the risk of repeating myself, with only 26 days to go we still haven't made a move in the transfer market bar a back up goalie.

Not great is it?

Last edited:

To be fair though mate, you can't blame people for starting to question the situation.

We are 26 days, yes 26 days from hosting Spurs in the Premier League and we're one of the very few clubs who haven't made a single signing of note.

We were led to believe (not just yourself but plenty of reliable journalists) that we now have the biggest "war chest" in the clubs history, and again, with 26 days to go we've brought a second rate back up goalkeeper.

Now I'm not saying we won't suddenly start spending big and be in good shape by the season's start, but the clock is ticking and I think it's fair enough to say we all expected a lot more by now?

Until we actually make those big signings, people are going to get ever more twitchy and calls of foul play will grow louder.

Things just seem to be taking forever to get anything done. The Martinez sacking too far far too long to come and IMO only eventually happened before the final game due to fan pressure.

It then took an age to get a new manager in which dragged on for weeks on end (I appreciate that Koeman was the one we wanted and we got what we wanted in the end?), we've been hunting for a DOF for god knows how long at to date still haven't managed to fill the position, and at the risk of repeating myself, with only 26 days to go we still haven't made a move in the transfer market bar a back up goalie.

Not great is it?

Oh no

Obviously a WUM/Kopite

In Esk we trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back