Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
One or two people on City Forums saying the Stones deal is dragging as Bony is part of it and we want City to pay some of his wages (assuming similar to Adebayor to Spurs transfer). He is supposedly on £100k a week with £20k for every game he plays and i'd have thought we could afford that now but maybe we don't want to pay him £100k a week when he hasn't exactly set the world alight.

I would like him here tbh, very similar to Lukaku but with better hold up play and can play on his own too. Both of them upfront would be such a handful.
i think theres a chance rom might still go

I'm not crying about the lack of movement but stop with the excuses. "Oh, Koeman needs to see the squad first". Conte just moved over 10 days ago yet they signed two players for about £60m already. You don't need to spend 10 days in Austria to know that if you can improve the first team you don't need to wait for the rest of the squad to get back from their vacations. You don't need to look at Robles and a backup Fulham keeper to know you need a new keeper.

Other teams are making signings, we're not. Almost certainly we will but we haven't yet.

Right and we need these players tomorrow right?

Is it August already?

Right and we need these players tomorrow right?

Is it August already?
Did i say we needed then yesterday? My gripe is with people who make excuses constantly just as much as the ones who are wetting their bed because nothing has happened.

Can we at least be pragmatic and say neither side has really covered themselves in glory?

And let's be fair, any Evertonian from the last twenty years is skeptical because it's been beaten into them from two decades of being told that we should be expecting nothing. Until that changes in a tangible form, expecting the worst is what most have been accustomed to.

Did i say we needed then yesterday? My gripe is with people who make excuses constantly just as much as the ones who are wetting their bed because nothing has happened.

Can we at least be pragmatic and say neither side has really covered themselves in glory?

What do you think the issue is then?

You say excuses, I say reasons.

What do you think the issue is then?

You say excuses, I say reasons.
Then how/why are other teams to make big signings?

My THEORY is that it's easier to have the money to go to a boss restaurant than it is to be able to get the reservation for Friday at 1900. We don't have Europe and we haven't exactly been awesome these last few years so it's a bit difficult to get the targets we want.

Then how/why are other teams to make big signings?

My THEORY is that it's easier to have the money to go to a boss restaurant than it is to be able to get the reservation for Friday at 1900. We don't have Europe and we haven't exactly been awesome these last few years so it's a bit difficult to get the targets we want.

Of course its going to be difficult, as for the other clubs, we have no idea how long they have been working on those deals.

The old Everton would hang around and hope to pick up the half priced newspapers at the end of the day, the new Everton is trying to buy the dear magazines, just below the Raz mags, it takes a bit longer to get those deals over the line.

As I keep saying mate, we just need to keep the faith and stay patient.

To be fair though mate, you can't blame people for starting to question the situation.

We are 26 days, yes 26 days from hosting Spurs in the Premier League and we're one of the very few clubs who haven't made a single signing of note.

We were led to believe (not just yourself but plenty of reliable journalists) that we now have the biggest "war chest" in the clubs history, and again, with 26 days to go we've brought a second rate back up goalkeeper.

Now I'm not saying we won't suddenly start spending big and be in good shape by the season's start, but the clock is ticking and I think it's fair enough to say we all expected a lot more by now?

Until we actually make those big signings, people are going to get ever more twitchy and calls of foul play will grow louder.

Things just seem to be taking forever to get anything done. The Martinez sacking took far far too long to come and IMO only eventually happened before the final game due to fan pressure.

It then took an age to get a new manager in which dragged on for weeks on end (I appreciate that Koeman was the one we wanted and we got what we wanted in the end?), we've been hunting for a DOF for god knows how long and to date still haven't managed to fill the position, and at the risk of repeating myself, with only 26 days to go we still haven't made a move in the transfer market bar a back up goalie.

Not great is it?

Well, I guess it's how you want to interpret it, I don't think your post is unfair as clearly many people feel the same way.

I, on the other hand, interpret it quite differently. We'd never have sacked Martinez under the previous incumbents. If we had, we'd never have attracted a manager with the ambitions that Koeman has. We'd never have gone down the DoF route neither. What quality of players would we be looking to attract? Lesser quality players are easier to acquire than better quality, that's for sure. How many of Lukaku, Stones and Barkley would we have retained?

Are we finding it perhaps a little more difficult to get players over the line? Perhaps we are, but it's telling that none of our major targets have signed elsewhere so perhaps our choices are highly desired and thus there's greater competition?

Koeman is no fool, he came to us in the full knowledge of the funding available to him and the plans Moshiri has for the club. Given he was a free agent in a year's time it's a huge statement that he chose to come to us now rather than have the pick of the market in 12 months time.

Fans and officials of other clubs in the Premiership are looking over their shoulders, we're competing with the "big boys" once more, and respectfully in my opinion we'll attract the talent we require to meet our heightened ambitions and objectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back