Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course its going to be difficult, as for the other clubs, we have no idea how long they have been working on those deals.

The old Everton would hang around and hope to pick up the half priced newspapers at the end of the day, the new Everton is trying to buy the dear magazines, just below the Raz mags, it takes a bit longer to get those deals over the line.

As I keep saying mate, we just need to keep the faith and stay patient.
Oh, I'm not being impatient. I would have LOVED to have had all players in now, it hasn't happened yet. Just find it a bit odd how there's almost no reports in a lot of media of any news with us. I will say if in two weeks there isn't at least two signings I will be very worried.

Please please please please please try to explain how our 2014/15 team is better than the one we have now. Please.
Howard, Distin, Pienaar and Osman. All still big players for us. Pre injury Baines and Oviedo. Jags and Barry 3 years younger, now both in mid 30s. No contest really.

Well, I guess it's how you want to interpret it, I don't think your post is unfair as clearly many people feel the same way.

I, on the other hand, interpret it quite differently. We'd never have sacked Martinez under the previous incumbents. If we had, we'd never have attracted a manager with the ambitions that Koeman has. We'd never have gone down the DoF route neither. What quality of players would we be looking to attract? Lesser quality players are easier to acquire than better quality, that's for sure. How many of Lukaku, Stones and Barkley would we have retained?

Are we finding it perhaps a little more difficult to get players over the line? Perhaps we are, but it's telling that none of our major targets have signed elsewhere so perhaps our choices are highly desired and thus there's greater competition?

Koeman is no fool, he came to us in the full knowledge of the funding available to him and the plans Moshiri has for the club. Given he was a free agent in a year's time it's a huge statement that he chose to come to us now rather than have the pick of the market in 12 months time.

Fans and officials of other clubs in the Premiership are looking over their shoulders, we're competing with the "big boys" once more, and respectfully in my opinion we'll attract the talent we require to meet our heightened ambitions and objectives.

See no proof needed on that one as its an opinion people not fact.

But the other posts?.....

damn i was comparing it to the one that finished 5th, getting old when u lose track of years

I can see why you might do that, mainly because we still have the majority of that team in place. The problem is that the particular season you refer to started three years ago and the Premier League has completely changed since then. It was the season the kopites lost out on the league by two points, it's ancient history. Our squad needs drastic improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back