Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we 'waste' £30m on someone worth half that in transfer fee and wages that probably won't take us to where we want to get?

I still say I prefer a £60m bid for a James type.

Before you tell me James will reject us, how does it feel to have Witsel clearly not wanting to come here...but may take the money?
I'm honestly not arsed if Witsel comes or not, just pointing out despite our new found wealth, Koeman and whoever else is involved in recruiting will need to convince top players its a project worth joining. No harm in aiming high for star like Rodriguez, just can't see them agreeing to come here until we show we can compete at a CL level. If an overrated player like Witsel is hesitant to join, why would a star like James? I believe we're on the right track with Koeman and Moshiri, it'll just take time. Even after City's massive takeover it took them 4 years to win the title

Since UK left Euro, the financial markets have rarely (if ever) been higher nor more bullish : nothing makes sense anymore.
I recommend standing aside and letting the figurative South Sea / Tulip bubble implode.
The world's gone mad
play.png

I'm honestly not arsed if Witsel comes or not, just pointing out despite our new found wealth, Koeman and whoever else is involved in recruiting will need to convince top players its a project worth joining. No harm in aiming high for star like Rodriguez, just can't see them agreeing to come here until we show we can compete at a CL level. If an overrated player like Witsel is hesitant to join, why would a star like James? I believe we're on the right track with Koeman and Moshiri, it'll just take time. Even after City's massive takeover it took them 4 years to win the title
Then I would prefer to keep my £30m mate. Eventually someone we target at £60m will come.

That's great. But they'll all laugh at us when we spend £100m on players not worthy and make the Europa league at best.

Statements of intent should be offering, getting and paying wages for top end players. That's what earns respect and fear from others. Not overpaying.

IF Witsel even comes off--and how sure can any of us be of that at this point--I'll be curious about the fee. The figures quoted have been all over the place. May be more like €20-25m instead of in £ according to some stories. I like Witsel from what I've seen, but don't claim to be an expert on his game. I fear we can all begin to fall into that super philosophy where due to the newly inflated market and our old mindset/circumstances where we didn't have much to spend, we can talk ourselves out of spending significant money on ANY player. I'd prefer in this first summer under Moshiri especially to let him and the board worry about what they feel like they can spend and see how it goes. They clearly aren't shy and I've spent the last dozen years or so hoping to be able to wrestle with scenarios like this. We've got GOOD problems due to having substantial funds and an ambitious, wealthy owner. I say we sit back and enjoy the ride--especially now. We've got years ahead of us to become jaded by "rich club problems". We've all suffered enough. Time to open ourselves up to being happy and hopeful for a bit.

Then I would prefer to keep my £30m mate. Eventually someone we target at £60m will come.
fair enough! I just think this season should be all about laying the foundation for us to build off of going forward. Get some solid players in, get back up the table while playing good footie, and making a run at Europe and the cups. Having even Europa league is useful in recruiting players

edit: I'm not arsed how much we spend as long as Koeman gets the targets he wants

fair enough! I just think this season should be all about laying the foundation for us to build off of going forward. Get some solid players in, get back up the table while playing good footie, and making a run at Europe and the cups. Having even Europa league is useful in recruiting players

edit: I'm not arsed how much we spend as long as Koeman gets the targets he wants

This right here.

When we're looking likely to sell Stones for £50mil mate, I wouldn't worry about it.
It still doesn't make sense to overspend on players though lol We'll end up with 3 top players when we could have had 4 or 5 - purely because we overspent on those 3!

And I believe all of that could be achieved simply by swapping Martinez for Koeman.

Morning everyone, another hot one isn't it? lol lol

Managed to make the last half an hour of the leavers disco last night so I'm back in the good books, it did come at a cost though as I got there and had some cider after having not eaten all day and ended up feeling a bit dodgy. I thought eating a kebab might make me feel better but alas that isn't how it's panned out.

I'm now feeling quite sick and have just had to drop my daughter at school whilst fearing that her last day at school might end up being remembered for me either crapping myself or throwing up over one of her friends. Fortunately neither happened lol lol lol

Laying on the sofa watching Peppa Pig now and just thinking what an arrogant nasty piece of work she is. Sooner she ends up in a sandwich the better, will drag myself into work in a bit and hit refresh about 80,000 times today to see if we've signed anyone, just realised its Thursday though and we only sign players on a Friday so not sure why I bother really.

Onwards and upwards Everton

Who cares? Again " if " we are interested I'm sure we would sign him before they did with koeman being Dutch.

We will sign better

We will...but don't forget that the RS hero FSW is manager at Newcastle and he is probably eyeing his old job when the RS get fed up with Klopps maniacal antics. Agent Benitez will definitely do the RS favours, he likes his saintly status there.......

The line above which its "overspending" is changing though. Pogba is going for £100 million, is that right? I honestly don't know much about Witsel but I don't think £30 million would be overspending. Nor do I think £25 million for Wijnaldum is overspending.

Managed to make the last half an hour of the leavers disco last night so I'm back in the good books, it did come at a cost though as I got there and had some cider after having not eaten all day and ended up feeling a bit dodgy. I thought eating a kebab might make me feel better but alas that isn't how it's panned out.

I'm now feeling quite sick and have just had to drop my daughter at school whilst fearing that her last day at school might end up being remembered for me either crapping myself or throwing up over one of her friends. Fortunately neither happened lol lol lol

Laying on the sofa watching Peppa Pig now and just thinking what an arrogant nasty piece of work she is. Sooner she ends up in a sandwich the better, will drag myself into work in a bit and hit refresh about 80,000 times today to see if we've signed anyone, just realised its Thursday though and we only sign players on a Friday so not sure why I bother really.

Have you changed medication?

Well, I am up on a glacier here in Norway, on my meticulously planned ski trip, with a calf injury I brought upon myself yesterday. No refunds for the lift pass, lots of wind but lovely sunny weather, mates are up there having too much fun and now I have to spend my day refreshing and draining my phone's battery until I get to go home. Which is a 7 hour drive. Hnnnng

You can't have put enough chili sauce on it mate

Well, I am up on a glacier here in Norway, on my meticulously planned ski trip, with a calf injury I brought upon myself yesterday. No refunds for the lift pass, lots of wind but lovely sunny weather, mates are up there having too much fun and now I have to spend my day refreshing and draining my phone's battery until I get to go home. Which is a 7 hour drive. Hnnnng
Have you taken the mother in law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back