Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the fact we can overlook, Witsel as a player amongst other players, the media, and managers etc is highly rated, even if we overpay to get him in, it will have a very positive impact on any additional top level (maybe better players) we then try to attract,

Can't tell me that someone like Carvalho wouldn't be much more likely to sign - and play alongside Witsel in midfield than sign and play alongside McCarthy or a 35 year old Barry mate

In many ways the first one through the door will be the hardest by miles, then a snowball effect can potentially happen

Overpay to sign Witsel, makes us more likely to get Carvalho in, get him then how will that impact say a Matas decision to join us, get him and when we approach the next player he is seeing us as a whole different propostiion to join and then money may not be the only factor we have going for us in getting them to join.

At least thats my hope on it

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Just thought: imagine in a match, John Stones taking a tumble and the referee, John Moss getting wiped out by him. Then a rolling Stones would gather Moss.

Mate young Davies and Dowell are better than what we have in the middle now. I'd rather keep the £30m, put another £30m in and bid for a genuine superstar of the game.
Witsel, once again in my opinion, and I base that on the little I have seen isn't going to help propel Everton into top 4 reckoning.
£30m should be getting us guns like Mkhitaryan.

But then again mate it doesn't work like that, as if Witsel is stalling on agreeing to us, then a player of Mkhitaryan is probably not gonna come either is he...

At the moment, it's very rare for a Premier League team not have to overpay to get a good player in

So we 'waste' £30m on someone worth half that in transfer fee and wages that probably won't take us to where we want to get?

I still say I prefer a £60m bid for a James type.

Before you tell me James will reject us, how does it feel to have Witsel clearly not wanting to come here...but may take the money?

There is no evidence at all that that's the case Kit. His agents in Italy are trying their best to get a deal, just like happens with most other players.

It still doesn't make sense to overspend on players though lol We'll end up with 3 top players when we could have had 4 or 5 - purely because we overspent on those 3!

No but at the moment Prem teams have to pay over the odds on most occasions

Agree, hate listening to the RS talking about transfers in work and having nothing to talk about lol
lol it's even the fact there is nothing to even go on either. Let's be honest the only credible transfer news we have had this summer so far is from Esk and even that has gone quiet now. there just isn't anything, silence, and we haven't even officially hired the man who's job it is to sign players yet so can't expect any other transfers to happen for at least another week to 2 weeks depending on if we Koeman time his appointment.

Even on here, there is nothing to talk about. we can talk about players who we are linked with then 400 pages later everything has been said and still nothing. I mean who are we signing now? Who are we genuinely being linked with?

There is no evidence at all that that's the case Kit. His agents in Italy are trying their best to get a deal, just like happens with most other players.

Lets be honest - the only news we have is, we agreed a fee and wages which blow everyone out of the water (verified by a few journalists). his representative (not his agent) is in Italy desperately trying to get a piece of the pie by whoring him around every club he can.

Problem is, they can't afford what he costs, which is a true statement.

I really think with Witsel his dad is basically the one sorting out evrerything (he is his agent afterall) all these Italians and other agents working in different countries etc creating a big massive amount of press stories, and Witsel is oblivious to it all and just enjoying time with his wife on Holiday and now waiting for what the decision is from his father.

Actually think about it like that he is just super chilled and NEA where he ends up maybe

Just thought: imagine in a match, John Stones taking a tumble and the referee, John Moss getting wiped out by him. Then a rolling Stones would gather Moss.

I'm not sure it works like that because in order for your described event to be both factually and grammatically correct the saying would have to be:

A rolling Stones gathers fat, blind, useless *********. (insert desired expletive)

Lets be honest - the only news we have is, we agreed a fee and wages which blow everyone out of the water. his representative (not his agent) is in Italy desperately trying to get a piece of the pie by whoring him around every club he can.

Problem is, they can't afford what he costs, which is a true statement.

Unless we pull the plug on it he will end up signing for us, and Moshiri seems at least to not be one to be reactive too much but stick to his ideas

I really think with Witsel his dad is basically the one sorting out evrerything (he is his agent afterall) all these Italians and other agents working in different countries etc creating a big massive amount of press stories, and Witsel is oblivious to it all and just enjoying time with his wife on Holiday and now waiting for what the decision is from his father.

Actually think about it like that he is just super chilled and NEA where he ends up maybe

It's this idea that Witsel is the one holding everything up that gets me mate.

Nobody actually knows. As Chazzle said above, the only solid info is that we have agreed a deal with Zenit and agreed in principle with Witsel - but the lad also will have other offers on the table from sides who are currently enticing (Inter despite their troubles are still a MASSIVE club and Napoli are a massive club and in the CL next season - plus I think the whole Higuain situation may be holding things up as well).

Unless we pull the plug on it he will end up signing for us, and Moshiri seems at least to not be one to be reactive too much but stick to his ideas

We may already have, no-one knows. We might have said we have put X time and date on the offer accept it or we will move on, we might still just be in dialogue i have no idea.

The only thing am sure about is this Italian talk is his rep there trying to get some money and a piece of the transaction.

Can't wait for Walshy to be in so we can start spending Moshi's millions. Must have been what we were waiting for surely.

I don't see it that way. The club have been pursuing Koeman's target

And takes out Silva, shattering him into 30 pieces.

38 million for Mane and 25 for Wijnaldrum is pretty uninspiring really. That's 63 million on two squad players. Hope we spend our money on proven quality and leave the other squad positions for the likes of Dowell and Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back