Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep see thing is, I think now we're at the point where four quality players (GK, CM, AM, CB (if Stones goes)) drastically improves our first choice XI.

We don't need to be buying squad players apart from a decent back up forward really, and probably a back up right-back but we do have the youngsters who deserve a shot.

If the deals are right for players like Gibson, Clevs or even McCarthy (though I think RK would happily keep all three) then they may leave, while McGeady, Kone and Niasse will almost certainly be off.

I think thats the key, quality players in that spine will push the team massively. We have quality, the squad underperformed due to confidence in th manager and or coaching who knows, but if we have any aspirations of challenging for honours or Europe we have to sign players who are a level above who are in the first team.

Its evident by who we are getting linked with thats the case. I think some of the ones you have mentioned above will go, I have a strange feeling we might see Clev and McCarthy leave for the right money.

Mate i am almost certain we will bring in two quality centre midfielders of different types to each other as well

Me too, but think it depends on outgoings mate.

If we do get two in, then I can see McCarthy or Cleverley being shipped off - though I do think RK will have a serious assessment of them first

Me too, but think it depends on outgoings mate.

If we do get two in, then I can see McCarthy or Cleverley being shipped off - though I do think RK will have a serious assessment of them first

McCarthy will go to Stoke, just sounds like something that would happen IMO, can see Hughes going for him

Well let's be honest we're not going to beat Juventus to a signing, especially as they've just won several lotteries all at once by selling Pogba.

Shame as I'd like Sissoko here.

The full piece.

Hunter saying EFC officials to meet today re. moves in the market - so perhaps backs up the rumours of today 'being an exciting day'...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ton-newcastle-moussa-sissoko?CMP=share_btn_tw

Juventus have earmarked Moussa Sissoko as their preferred replacement for Paul Pogba and face competition from Everton for the £35m-rated midfielder.
Newcastle United are close to banking £58m from the sale of the France international plus Georginio Wijnaldum, who is set for a medical at Liverpool after a fee rising to £25m was accepted for the Holland midfielder.

St James’ Park officials want £35m for Sissoko but that has not deterred Juventus, who are prepared to pay the asking price for the 26-year-old. Manchester United are trying to sign Pogba for what would be a club record fee.

Sissoko enjoyed an impressive European Championship with France and is keen to move following Newcastle’s relegation to the Championship. Although Juventus have Champions League football on offer, they face rival interest fromEverton for the powerful midfielder.

Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s billionaire major shareholder, is also willing to meet Newcastle’s valuation of Sissoko. Goodison Park officials are meeting on Thursday to discuss significant moves in the transfer market, with the new manager, Ronald Koeman, yet to sign an outfield player for the first team since replacing Roberto Martínez.

Moshiri has shown his ambition to overhaul Everton in terms of management structure, with compensation agreed with Leicester City for their highly prized chief scout Steve Walsh, and will back Koeman with substantial transfer funds. Whether that can persuade Sissoko to resist Juventus’s advances, however, remains to be seen. Arsenal have also been linked with Sissoko but have not returned to Newcastle with an offer in the £35m region.

bacca.webp

Where's d'ya reckon he's off then.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back