Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest the only credible transfer news we have had this summer so far is from Esk and even that has gone quiet now.

Esk might have more info but is keeping quiet. So would I if I was slated for passing info on like I was asked to do when the info had changed in the meantime, which obviously wasn't under his control.

These players are making life changing decisions, feelings change, and so do their decisions. Doesn't mean the info wasn't good when he shared it.

It is eerily quiet though...

Koeman needs the time to assess what he has got, play a few pre-season games, take a view on whether there are youngsters who can make the wider first team squad (20-25 players) and he has still got the best part of another 6 weeks to recruit new talent and ship out those he doesn't fancy.

I would imagine that the stats of the past several seasons show us that most transfer activity in the summer window occurs once the season has actually begun!

Keep cool. Look at poor Sunderland, they've just had their manager whipped away, much more disruptive than not having signed new players yet.

35m for Sissoko? Surely not?! I don't know if i'd even fork out 15m, had a boss Euro final but that's all he's done this year.

£35m for Sissoko?!?

This is because I laughed at them for spending £25m on Wijnaldum isn't it? Oh cruel footballing Gods!
I did too, rather offer that Witsel an extra £5m signing fee than get Sissoko. Sissoko has ponced around the league for 2 years not trying a tap suddenly has a good few weeks and is valued at £35m. Crazy.

I'd be much more annoyed if we spent £35mil on Sissoko btw then spending £30mil on Witsel.

Well, I wouldn't be annoyed, but Sissoko certainly isn't worth that much. Shows that you have to pay high though.

The lad is an engine... i wouldn't be gutted if we signed him. but definitely not at that fee - thats just utterly ridiculous. Newcastle bought him for £1.5m. That was the time to get him, was surprised more people weren't in for him at that time.

Imagine we paid double what Sissoko is worth for some reason.

I'd rather sign no one. Not a statement signing, not much of an improvement on what we already have. Would be grim - basically paying big money for a lacklustre player simply because there's a chance he'd want to join.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back