Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian, a credible source, are saying a meeting is being held today to discuss the transfer situation or lack thereof. I wouldn't say panic is setting in at this stage but someone's clearly getting worried.

"Goodison Park officials are meeting on Thursday to discuss significant moves in the transfer market, with the new manager, Ronald Koeman, yet to sign an outfield player for the first team since replacing Roberto Martínez."
That's not how that reads at all.

If they do then great. But where have they said Mata is being sold? Curious to read that.

The Mail and I believe Guardian posted several articles yesterday mate. The Mail did about four I think.

Edit: Mail, Mirror, The Times all running with it I think. Last week they were all claiming he was staying.

All along seemingly reliable or at least, half-right, 'sources' on forums etc have been saying that we were/are the front runners for Mata, but nothing would be done until after their tour of China.

A lot of it may well be tied into the Pogba deal as well, if that should come off.

No signings today, despite what well intentioned ITK's are saying, if there was and they are of the magnitude we are all led to believe they would be all over the press, but there is nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing!
Hope I am wrong but I don't think so

The Guardian, a credible source, are saying a meeting is being held today to discuss the transfer situation or lack thereof. I wouldn't say panic is setting in at this stage but someone's clearly getting worried.

"Goodison Park officials are meeting on Thursday to discuss significant moves in the transfer market, with the new manager, Ronald Koeman, yet to sign an outfield player for the first team since replacing Roberto Martínez."

who is? theres nothing to suggest anyone is worried

The Mail and I believe Guardian posted several articles yesterday mate. The Mail did about four I think.
Well then that sounds promising then.

The whole mata thing just strikes me as common sense that he would be going, along with a few others on the payroll there. Shame there isn't any others i would want to take from them. Fellaini on a 5 million deal? Lingard cheap? well anyone i suggest cheap anyway lol

for the record i want us to sign mata, more so than anyone else. Think he would be a massive catalyst for the club going forward and a real starter for success. Think if he isn't wearing our kit this season then we have lost out on a massive opportunity,

Well then that sounds promising then.

The whole mata thing just strikes me as common sense that he would be going, along with a few others on the payroll there. Shame there isn't any others i would want to take from them. Fellaini on a 5 million deal? Lingard cheap? well anyone i suggest cheap anyway lol

for the record i want us to sign mata, more so than anyone else. Think he would be a massive catalyst for the club going forward and a real starter for success. Think if he isn't wearing our kit this season then we have lost out on a massive opportunity,

I honestly believe mate that it's just waiting on Pogba now.

I still think Mata may leave even if they don't get him, but if Utd get a deal tied up in the next week or so, or immediately after they get home from Asia, then I reckon we'll see us make a firm move.

Mate, I think you've completely got the wrong end of the stick.

It's not panic. It's not up to the manager to make the moves, it's up to the board (GP officials) to give the go ahead.

Obviously, that's what they are meeting to discuss. It most likely is happening now as we are looking likely to have our DoF in place by next week.
What so we wont sign anyone until NEXT WEEK now?, ffs

I would be so surprised if anything were to happen today.

It would've been all over the press since yesterday at the very least.

football is all about greed these days. we could offer more than them and outbid them on a healthier scale than 1/10 imo. They don't have europe or anything to offer. look at their transfer business, all players that nobody else wanted. Granted we may not land are targets, but there are rumblings we could be outbidding teams like chelsea, juve and napoli.
Wouldn't say it is all necessarily about greed. Apparently he rejected moves to China to go to Liverpool.

We aren't signing Sissoko mate so no substance in it.

Not questioning Esk's words, i believe what he said and my own opinions are going along with that version of events.

I will say i would write off either of them signing for everton any time soon though, if the deals were to be done they would be by now.

Wasn't pointing at you mate, your mention of Esk just happened to be the one I was reading at the time I wanted to say my point. That being, if people just took his words as more of an 'advanced rumour' sort of thing than word for word gospel, he might have been more active lately.

On the bright side, without Esk posting stuff, I can keep up with the thread in work lol

What so we wont sign anyone until NEXT WEEK now?, ffs

If we were to sign anyone this week mate there'd have to be some significant rumours surfacing around now, IMO.

Carvalho, for example, will still be away on holiday following the Euros, so while we may well agree a deal with his reps and potentially even Sporting, he won't be arriving in the immediate future.

In fact, I'd say the only one that may well see development this week could be Witsel, but then again that's not looking likely atm.

But as far as our current squad goes, they'll just be prepping for the Barnsley game.

Very unlikely anything will happen today. Normally a big story (such as a transfer being close) will break the night before when news goes to print and journalists on twitter post what they know.

who is? theres nothing to suggest anyone is worried
We have the biggest budget we've ever had but, thus far, have been thwarted in our attempts to sign an outfield player presumably primarily because we don't have a great deal of pulling power.
A meeting has been convened to discuss ways of ameliorating the situation and make progress on the transfer front.
Given everything that's happened so far this window I believe that to be a reasonable explanation of the likely motivation for holding this meeting.

I've got no idea how big our budget is. None at all.

I know that I've read a lot of speculation & forecasts but I've seen no evidence yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back