Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its written by A Hunter so its not jarg

We aren't signing Sissoko mate so no substance in it.

Esk might have more info but is keeping quiet. So would I if I was slated for passing info on like I was asked to do when the info had changed in the meantime, which obviously wasn't under his control.

These players are making life changing decisions, feelings change, and so do their decisions. Doesn't mean the info wasn't good when he shared it.

It is eerily quiet though...

Not questioning Esk's words, i believe what he said and my own opinions are going along with that version of events.

I will say i would write off either of them signing for everton any time soon though, if the deals were to be done they would be by now.

The Guardian, a credible source, are saying a meeting is being held today to discuss the transfer situation or lack thereof. I wouldn't say panic is setting in at this stage but someone's clearly getting worried.

"Goodison Park officials are meeting on Thursday to discuss significant moves in the transfer market, with the new manager, Ronald Koeman, yet to sign an outfield player for the first team since replacing Roberto Martínez."

meditating-955x698.webp

We aren't signing Sissoko mate so no substance in it.

Not questioning Esk's words, i believe what he said and my own opinions are going along with that version of events.

I will say i would write off either of them signing for everton any time soon though, if the deals were to be done they would be by now.

Agree apart from your last point mate. There is no actual proof that the deals won't be done.

Last week, Mata was supposedly staying at Utd according to the rags, but they've now done a massive U turn in stating that he will be sold due to Pogba coming in (which ironically enough is what that bloke on the Juve forum who has sources there (supposedly) has been saying, as well as the rumours on United fan sites as well) and it was always common knowledge that Mata would be going to China on the tour.

Re. Witsel, I do think it's a case of a deal being agreed but the player (or his reps) stalling in the hope of getting an offer from elsehwere to drive up the price (nothing untoward there really either).

So either could still happen IMO.

Take the blue tinted glasses off.

At this moment in time, Liverpool are a bigger attraction than Everton.

A lot of players are around my age (23). We've seen Everton win nothing, and Liverpool win everything except the league.

football is all about greed these days. we could offer more than them and outbid them on a healthier scale than 1/10 imo. They don't have europe or anything to offer. look at their transfer business, all players that nobody else wanted. Granted we may not land are targets, but there are rumblings we could be outbidding teams like chelsea, juve and napoli.

The Guardian, a credible source, are saying a meeting is being held today to discuss the transfer situation or lack thereof. I wouldn't say panic is setting in at this stage but someone's clearly getting worried.

"Goodison Park officials are meeting on Thursday to discuss significant moves in the transfer market, with the new manager, Ronald Koeman, yet to sign an outfield player for the first team since replacing Roberto Martínez."

Mate, I think you've completely got the wrong end of the stick.

It's not panic. It's not up to the manager to make the moves, it's up to the board (GP officials) to give the go ahead.

Obviously, that's what they are meeting to discuss. It most likely is happening now as we are looking likely to have our DoF in place by next week.

Agree apart from your last point mate. There is no actual proof that the deals won't be done.

Last week, Mata was supposedly staying at Utd according to the rags, but they've now done a massive U turn in stating that he will be sold due to Pogba coming in (which ironically enough is what that bloke on the Juve forum who has sources there (supposedly) has been saying, as well as the rumours on United fan sites as well) and it was always common knowledge that Mata would be going to China on the tour.

Re. Witsel, I do think it's a case of a deal being agreed but the player (or his reps) stalling in the hope of getting an offer from elsehwere to drive up the price (nothing untoward there really either).

So either could still happen IMO.
If they do then great. But where have they said Mata is being sold? Curious to read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back