Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, welcome the fact that the Club has clearly adopted a confidentiality approach to its dealings.

This is much preferable to constant snippets which may or may not be realised.

Maybe it is because it ties in with the job I do - don't leak, only respond when asked, and the always tell the whole truth as it stands!!

Gossip, speculation etc is something that keeps others in employment - not careers to which I aspire!!

On Witsel though, in terms of quality I think him, Mata and Carvalho show the level we are aiming at.

IMO, all are players that could and have easily played at CL level and at clubs at the top of their respective (albeit weaker) leagues.

However, they aren't players who are world class, they are the level below (four stars out of five if you will, for an example), and that's where we are currently aiming to be (e.g. top six in the Prem, competing for top four) as a short-term target.

Long term, Walsh is coming in as DoF to build a sustainable system that will hopefully breed 'proper' success going forward.

On Witsel though, in terms of quality I think him, Mata and Carvalho show the level we are aiming at.

IMO, both are players that could and have easily played at CL level and at clubs at the top of their respective (albeit weaker) leagues.

However, they aren't players who are world class, they are the level below (four stars out of five if you will, for an example), and that's where we are currently aiming to be (e.g. top six in the Prem, competing for top four) as a short-term target.

Long term, Walsh is coming in as DoF to build a sustainable system that will hopefully breed 'proper' success going forward.

Yeah i think thats key i think Koeman wants success now, and is looking at players which will put us in that position rather then players who are "projects". We have lots of them and I am sure we will buy more, the whole point of a transfer window should be to improve your first 11, and then improve your squad.

I think the players we are looking at are purely to improve our lineup, rather then the squad overall.

But then again mate it doesn't work like that, as if Witsel is stalling on agreeing to us, then a player of Mkhitaryan is probably not gonna come either is he...

At the moment, it's very rare for a Premier League team not have to overpay to get a good player in
It isn't rare when you have something to offer.

We have only a dream to offer players, no europe, haven't been close to looking promising for 2 years, even then was top 5 only.

Hell sometimes i have to say i admire a player who turns our increased wages down seeings though we have nothing else to offer them. no guarantee that signing for us means they will get anywhere near the top

Yeah i think thats key i think Koeman wants success now, and is looking at players which will put us in that position rather then players who are "projects". We have lots of them and I am sure we will buy more, the whole point of a transfer window should be to improve your first 11, and then improve your squad.

I think the players we are looking at are purely to improve our lineup, rather then the squad overall.

Yep see thing is, I think now we're at the point where four quality players (GK, CM, AM, CB (if Stones goes)) drastically improves our first choice XI.

We don't need to be buying squad players apart from a decent back up forward really, and probably a back up right-back but we do have the youngsters who deserve a shot.

If the deals are right for players like Gibson, Clevs or even McCarthy (though I think RK would happily keep all three) then they may leave, while McGeady, Kone and Niasse will almost certainly be off.

I was so excited for this transfer window thinking it would be the best one ever.

Since there's seven weeks of it left mate and we're only three weeks in, it still could be.

Chill. Nothing has to happen super quickly. We'll get players in, we'll get them in before the season starts, but the club has undergone a large overhaul in the past few months and if that means waiting a little while longer for our targets to come then so be it.

Yep see thing is, I think now we're at the point where four quality players (GK, CM, AM, CB (if Stones goes)) drastically improves our first choice XI.

We don't need to be buying squad players apart from a decent back up forward really, and probably a back up right-back but we do have the youngsters who deserve a shot.

If the deals are right for players like Gibson, Clevs or even McCarthy (though I think RK would happily keep all three) then they may leave, while McGeady, Kone and Niasse will almost certainly be off.

Mate i am almost certain we will bring in two quality centre midfielders of different types to each other as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back