Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
As frustrating as it is and god it is frustrating not having no signings to get excited about yet, maybe the mosh is actually using his head a bit here and getting all things up and running at the club to make us look a more sellable idea to whichever players we bring to the table, new manager and one that demands respect from any player out there, director of football which shows a totally different aproach for the future. And talks already on the table about new stadium plans, last years league position was the past and he can already show the balls rolling for the future of everton. I mean he is a buisness man isnt he so he’s going to the table with the most sellable club on the market.

As frustrating as it is and god it is frustrating not having no signings to get excited about yet, maybe the mosh is actually using his head a bit here and getting all things up and running at the club to make us look a more sellable idea to whichever players we bring to the table, new manager and one that demands respect from any player out there, director of football which shows a totally different aproach for the future. And talks already on the table about new stadium plans, last years league position was the past and he can already show the balls rolling for the future of everton. I mean he is a buisness man isnt he so he’s going to the table with the most sellable club on the market.

DEFFO...you rush in, you get NIASSE'd.

Mate young Davies and Dowell are better than what we have in the middle now. I'd rather keep the £30m, put another £30m in and bid for a genuine superstar of the game.
Witsel, once again in my opinion, and I base that on the little I have seen isn't going to help propel Everton into top 4 reckoning.
£30m should be getting us guns like Mkhitaryan.

Witsel is 100% a top 4 calibre player mate, i'd rather we had a team consiting of those than a team with mid table calibre players relying on a couple of stars for any chance of top 4 - like spurs did with bale (now they went the othe rroute) and the rs did with suarez

Witsel is 100% a top 4 calibre player mate, i'd rather we had a team consiting of those than a team with mid table calibre players relying on a couple of stars for any chance of top 4 - like spurs did with bale (now they went the othe rroute) and the rs did with suarez
I guess it comes down to everyone's valuation of Witsel.

Very good point, behind the scenes the Mosh and his merry band of men have had to sort out appointing a director of football, a new manager, get the ball rolling for the stadium and improvements to Goodison & Finch Farm. All which will help us in the long term and should take priority over any transfer.
We are starting from level 0 here, the signings will come and due to all the hard work put in off the pitch this summer even better signings will come in the future

I guess it comes down to everyone's valuation of Witsel.

There's also the fact we can overlook, Witsel as a player amongst other players, the media, and managers etc is highly rated, even if we overpay to get him in, it will have a very positive impact on any additional top level (maybe better players) we then try to attract,

Can't tell me that someone like Carvalho wouldn't be much more likely to sign - and play alongside Witsel in midfield than sign and play alongside McCarthy or a 35 year old Barry mate

In many ways the first one through the door will be the hardest by miles, then a snowball effect can potentially happen

Overpay to sign Witsel, makes us more likely to get Carvalho in, get him then how will that impact say a Matas decision to join us, get him and when we approach the next player he is seeing us as a whole different propostiion to join and then money may not be the only factor we have going for us in getting them to join.

At least thats my hope on it

Don't think I have ever been this bored in a summer everton wise.

Least when we were skint we knew it. Now we are skint but making out like we are rich by not signing anyone.

Ffs announce Walsh at least!

The thing is, we can't really move much until we know if our two are staying or not. Cos if they aren't that means the positions we need filling all get an extra eg ten million. Eg we can spend 30m on a goalie, not 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back