Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a response to the relentless certainty that we're back.

Cautious optimism is fine. People that actually are ITK being certain is fine. But there are a huge chunk of people that seem to think because we have a billionaire that we're definitely back at the top table RIGHT NOW. And then they whinge when they don't get what they expect RIGHT NOW.

I'm pretty optimistic about our future. But still...it's gets a little overbearing and makes me want be negative just because it's all a bit, "It's gonna be our year!"

Patience, sanity, reason...is that too much to ask?
It's not the relentlessly positive folk that are the problem.

It's those that think the sky is falling because we haven't signed anyone of note yet.

It's those that think the sky is falling because we haven't signed anyone of note yet.
Honestly don't think there are that many of those that are 100% serious. The ones that are - I agree. But I file them in the same boat - 'People that have no patience and make too many assumptions without evidence'.

To be honest i'm sick of people saying it takes time, there's no rush, blah blah blah. We are 3 weeks away now, and throwing a load of new players in are starting 11 is risky anyway, but throwing them together right as the season starts is just stupid. We should of had this all sorted, especially the positions we knew needs fixing from the start.

Nothing wrong with waiting. It's no good catching the first bus that comes along if it's not heading to where you want to go.
It's worth catching if it lets you off a 1/4 mile from your house and the bus going right near your house doesn't come for another 45 mins.

Ergo

Our team could well be destroyed by Spurs on the opening day (think 6-1 arsenal) if we've made no signings and want aways (stones and rom) are still playing for us while sulking. A bad start to the season and we'll be playing catch up until Christmas. I don't want our season to start in September after the international break like in previous years.

Appreciate that in previous years we had to wait to sell and then buy. But there really should be some more action. Walshy and Ron should meet the day after the Barnsley game and decide who's going and who they want.

Major action next week please efc!!!

Best thing to do is probably to climb in underneath the bus and ride it, unseen, MacGyver-style, right to the premier league trophy. Like Leicester.

To be honest i'm sick of people saying it takes time, there's no rush, blah blah blah. We are 3 weeks away now, and throwing a load of new players in are starting 11 is risky anyway, but throwing them together right as the season starts is just stupid. We should of had this all sorted, especially the positions we knew needs fixing from the start.

So if Guardiola buys two new centre backs like he apparently is trying to do - and plays them together the start of the season then he's stupid in your opinion?

Ya, we haven't even started our business and all the other teams in the league are finished there's and have their squads ready for the upcoming season..... oh wait.

Of course it takes time for players to settle so getting them in early is better... but if you can get someone you think would be perfect for a particular role but you know you have to wait until another transfer completes first (so that the selling team has a ready made replacement or whatever).... would you not think waiting is a better option than going for someone else that does not suit our team as well?

Stones to Man City is a good example... if that's happening it's not being delayed because city are dily-dallying, it's being delayed because we're not willing to let a player move until we have a replacement signed, sealed and delivered.

I would love Walsh to find us the next Kante or the next Mahrez, bit annoyed I admit we haven't signed a " Galactic ". Haha, but I think finding someone like a Mahrez / Kante, for next to nothing with these crazy prices flying around, would give me far more pleasure.

Let's be honest when Man City and Chelsea found their pot of gold, most other teams had no money and it was a damned sight easier to attract, the bigger players. It may take a few years to be in their position, we have finished eleventh over the last two years.

If we can finish higher this year, maybe get Europe, then we can go for and attract the bigger players, one step at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back