Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like?. The pogba deal has nothing to do with any players where linked with.

How do you know that? Will Juventus not look to reinvest some of that €120m along with whatever they get for Bonucci? Why would they not also be interested in the likes of Koulibaly or Witsel since they play the same roles as the two big name players they look to be losing. I'm not saying this is the case, but there are always knock on affects to massive transfers.

The simple point I was trying to make - wasn't trying to have a go at you - is that it's important to get transfers in early but it's not the most important thing. We'll all be pissed off if Everton sign pure dross this summer... but at least we haven't already splurged money on players like Wijnaldum, Mane, Allen, Ibe etc. We should save the fume for the transfers that come in that we're not happy with and not on targets that crap papers say we missed out on.

This is supposed to be an exciting summer and people are acting as if we're sleepwalking into a relegation battle. We're going to massively strengthen our team, if we don't then all the anger will be justified but can we at least wait until that happens.

Right now people are upset that players aren't coming in... and because people want to be able to justify being angry - anytime we get linked with a player we're either "definitely not getting them" or "they're not good enough". It's absolutely exhausting to see people bang that same drum every single day - it just seems to propagate this air of negativity and it actually scares me to think how people will react if we go and lose the first two games of the season. Patience is gone and people seem to want reasons to be angry.

The forum has got a lot more negative this summer, but to be honest there are people on here throwing their rattles out the pram every transfer window

I remember a few seasons ago people crying that Norwich had signed van wolfskwinkl.

Patience. If we end up on the eve of the season with not a player signed then fume. But there is no need to fume yet at all.

That was nothing compared to the Leroy Fer fume - that was mega, and look how he turned out!!

How do you know that? Will Juventus not look to reinvest some of that €120m along with whatever they get for Bonucci? Why would they not also be interested in the likes of Koulibaly or Witsel since they play the same roles as the two big name players they look to be losing. I'm not saying this is the case, but there are always knock on affects to massive transfers.

The simple point I was trying to make - wasn't trying to have a go at you - is that it's important to get transfers in early but it's not the most important thing. We'll all be pissed off if Everton sign pure dross this summer... but at least we haven't already splurged money on players like Wijnaldum, Mane, Allen, Ibe etc. We should save the fume for the transfers that come in that we're not happy with and not on targets that crap papers say we missed out on.

This is supposed to be an exciting summer and people are acting as if we're sleepwalking into a relegation battle. We're going to massively strengthen our team, if we don't then all the anger will be justified but can we at least wait until that happens.

Right now people are upset that players aren't coming in... and because people want to be able to justify being angry - anytime we get linked with a player we're either "definitely not getting them" or "they're not good enough". It's absolutely exhausting to see people bang that same drum every single day - it just seems to propagate this air of negativity and it actually scares me to think how people will react if we go and lose the first two games of the season. Patience is gone and people seem to want reasons to be angry.

I wanted Mane so i thought we lost out there.

Please can we remove Mata and Witsel from the thread banner. It's depressing looking at what won't be!
Stick Sigurdsson and Koulibaly there instead.

I wanted Mane so i thought we lost out there.

For £30m? It's arguably worse business than Wijnaldum for £25m in my opinion.
I think Mane is a great footballer, but there's so much better available for that sort of cash.

The lad Watford are signing for example, Sofiane Boufal... that's far better value than the Mane transfer and could easily be one of the signings of the season.

For £30m? It's arguably worse business than Wijnaldum for £25m in my opinion.
I think Mane is a great footballer, but there's so much better available for that sort of cash.

The lad Watford are signing for example, Sofiane Boufal... that's far better value than the Mane transfer and could easily be one of the signings of the season.

I think £30m for Mane was just fine. He scored what 11-12 goals last season, hes very fast paced, he causes alot of problems, and when we got koeman i thought mybe we could snatch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back