Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Mail article is rather negative in places.

"Frustrating for Koeman".....missed out on Pelle........problems with terms for Arnautovic....

Reckon we might be having problems getting first choice targets in, hope not of course.

From Mata, Witsel, Carvalho and Koulibaly to Brady, Arnautovic and Fonte.

I reckon we all could all do with not believing everything we read.

Underwhelmed by Arnautovic if he signs but our business as a whole in the summer can only be judged when the window shuts.

If Koeman can bring in another 4-5 signings as well including 2 or 3 players to whet the appetite a bit more then that will be great. Despite the claims of a budget of £100m + sales I have never expected that we will buy 5 or 6 £30m players. So by extension there will be room for the likes of Arnautovic who don't necessarily get the pulse up as a signing. If Koeman sees him filling a gap in the squad it's fine by me.

As with every player I'll get behind Arnautovic 110% if he signs.

Perfectly put mate. I can't say I am overwhelmed by Arnautovic but I suppose you can only judge all our business comes September. Given the change of manager and appointment of a DOF we were always going to be struggling to get all business done early. I think this week should see some movement though and that will continue into the season.

In the current market place 12.5 million for Arnautovic is astute business. I don't think he's any inferior to Sissokho or Wijnualdum who have gone (or will go for around double that).Similar level to Mirallas and may allow Mirallas to play CF a bit more. Ideally I would prefer a left footed left sided player. He's not of the same class as Mata but easier to get and a more naturally left sided player.

That Mail article is rather negative in places.

"Frustrating for Koeman".....missed out on Pelle........problems with terms for Arnautovic....

Reckon we might be having problems getting first choice targets in, hope not of course.

From Mata, Witsel, Carvalho and Koulibaly to Brady, Arnautovic and Fonte.

Fonte is a decent player.

It is.

But is the £80k a week for a player some don't think will be a starter really worth it ?
Yeah that's the problem I suppose, although if we do change our wage structure and offer 100k+ wages then £80k wouldn't be that high. Having said that Dominic King seems to think it's a sticking point.

That did just make me giggle seeing watford have bought success, why couldnt that have been chelsea or one of the manchester filth. as for arnautovic, think he’d he fit in pretty well for the squad. the lad certainly has the ability he just needs to cool that attitude a bit and i’m sure he’ll do that pretty quickly coming in to work with old ronnie and big dunc to answer to each day, tho there is nothing wrong with a bit of confidence in yourself. as been mentioned before he is just like kev in which he can fill a number of positions but will have dips in form, in a perfect world ones dip will be the other ones hit of form

Fact of the matter is we haven't got man city money and still need a good 4-5 players in during a window that has seen the likes of Gayle go for £11 million and Deeney commanding £32 million. Fact is Koeman will have a budget and he'll be looking to spend the bulk of it on priority positions (CM, GK, CB) for positions such as LM and back up striker, he'll no doubt look to wheel and deal and for £12.5 million for a player that can play both positions, weakens a premier league rival and netted 11 goals last season it's a no brainer. He fits Koeman's style of a winger being almost a 2nd striker like a glove also ala Shane long.

Just agree to his wage demands and bloody get it done!

If I was Mata, Witsel or Carvalho and seen us going for Arnoutovic I would be staying well away. If that's the level of ambition, then I wouldn't come near Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back